diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Bluetti AC200 with 6 SP120 Solar Panels

blupie

I'm a Newbie and just trying to set this up correctly.

I have a Bluetti AC200 Solar Generator with 6 Bluetti Sp120 Solar panels.

From What I have read I must stay below the Max 145V and the Voc for each panel is 23.7v X 6 =142.2V in Series. The Max Solar input of the AC200 Solar Generator is 700w. So the 6 X 120W would give me 720w which is over the watt limit but from what I understand the Ac200 Generator will only charge at the max 700w and will not be damaged in any way.

I'm having a little trouble understanding how to connect these 6 SP120 solar panels to the AC200 generator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If it's not too cold outside, that's fine. Panel voltage increases when temperature decreases, so you could go over the 145 volt limit.

3S2P, groups of three in series, and those two groups in parallel with each other might make more sense if it's chilly where you are.

If it's not too cold outside, that's fine. Panel voltage increases when temperature decreases, so you could go over the 145 volt limit.

3S2P, groups of three in series, and those two groups in parallel with each other might make more sense if it's chilly where you are.
I'm in South Florida so cold weather should not be an issue.

So of I understand you correctly you are saying to set the panels up in 3S which means 3 sets of panels made up of 2 panels in each set wired in series then 2 parallel connections connecting them to the AC200.

If it is possible can you tell me the connectors that I will need to set this up.

Appreciate the help and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thank you for your response snoobler. So this is the way I should wire them. This is then 3S2P.
so this would give me a 23.7V open circuit voltage (VOC) per panel with a Current at max power (Imp) of 6.06A which gives me a total of 71.1 Volts with 12.12 amps
I will need Solar Y Branch Connectors MMF+FFM Pair and some kind of extension cables for the + and - cables going to the branch connectors

Thanks fir your help snoozer. Greatly appreciated.

I was thinking since I don’t live in a cold climate and the less panels you have in series works better on cloudy days that I would use this configuration 2S3P. On cloudy days if shade only effects one of the series panels it will only effect the output of the 2 panels instead of 3 panels .

Would there be any negative effects to setting it up in this configuration?

thanks

You need to consider the input current limit as well. More parallel may exceed the current value and make more power unavailable. If the input current limit is not exceeded 2S3P will be a little more shading tolerant.

You need to consider the input current limit as well. More parallel may exceed the current value and make more power unavailable. If the input current limit is not exceeded 2S3P will be a little more shading tolerant.
Thank you snoobler. I did not think about that .

According to the AC200 manual the input limit is
“ 12A (only 12A will be received when the current exceeds 12A)
So with the 2S3P setup it will give me 47.4V and 18.18A . Not that efficient since I’ll loose the amps above 12A
Thanks for guiding me through the process

Back