diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Lead Acid House Bank to Battle Born

TeresaMust

Sorry for this long question!! I have a 20amp Renogy DD to DC charger. Can I use the charger to connect my lead acid house bank to a lithium battle born battery and use the combined amps from my inverter connected to the lead acid bank?

I know that the lithium battery will get charged up but if I connect the ignition D Table to the lead acid positive so that my DC to DC charger is always on, will the current go in both directions when I have charged up both banks and I am using my inverter?

Meaning will the inverter use the charge of both the lead acid and the charge in the lithium. I realize this is not a conventional set up. But I am curious if the DC to DC charger is bi directional. I am not worried about draining my starter battery. That is otherwise isolated to my lead acid battery bank.

Will the DC to DC charger act as both a charger and a combiner? If it does combine the amps, Would it make more sense to connect the inverter to the lithium battery bank??

Currently the inverter is connected to the lead acid Bank. My set up will be, lead acid bank to inverter AND to DC to DC charger , and DC to DC charger to lithium battery.

I have sent an email to Renogy but their response was not at all helpful, They responded , “Your alternator will charge your lithium battery using the DC to DC charger.” Well duh!

Thanks for your help!!!

Back