diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Renogy 200W Suitcase (equipped with mounted traveler series voyager PWM 20A Controller) to (4) 6V batteries in series.

Opa jack

I have connected the alligator clips to the main positive and negative battery cables and the fuse trips every time. I put a 15 amp fuse in and it doesn't trip but it doesn't read correctly on the controller it shows it's only producing .06 amps. How should I connect the alligator clips to the batteries does it matter which positive or negative I connect to?

You have a 24v battery bank. While that controller can do 24v, those panels come wired in parallel. So you need to rewire them in series to get enough voltage to charge a 24v bank. The little boxes on the back of the panels can be opened to access the wires.

Photos of your battery setup? And where the alligator clips are connected?
What conditions are you only getting 0.06A? Direct sun, cloudy, are batteries brand new or used and what is their current SOC? For example, if your batteries are fully charged, the controller won’t send much juice. Also, not sure on that controller if you have to select 12/24v or if it automatically detects.

Also that controller can produce 20A. It comes with the wrong fuse. Replace it with a 25 or 30A fuse.

Back