diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Solar Generator/Portable Power Supply To RV Inside the RV

Straight to DC is definitely more efficient. Especially if you’re going to dry camp a lot, that’s probably your best bet. But I found without using air conditioning and hardly even doing any type of conservation. I’m able to get 3 full nights out of my solar Gen without solar or any recharge, and I have 3034 watt hours! So for us it works perfect for that one or 2 nights.

Straight to DC is definitely more efficient. Especially if you’re going to dry camp a lot, that’s probably your best bet. But I found without using air conditioning and hardly even doing any type of conservation. I’m able to get 3 full nights out of my solar Gen without solar or any recharge, and I have 3034 watt hours! So for us it works perfect for that one or 2 nights.
The major pull for me would be dry camping in the spring and fall where I use my propane furnace. It pulls about 120W.

The major pull for me would be dry camping in the spring and fall where I use my propane furnace. It pulls about 120W.
Yea, that’s an issue. Unless you use another heat source that’s isolated from your RV. I have a large, Mr. Buddy, LP potable unit. It runs on 2-1lbs LP tanks. I’ve previously used it to quickly heat up our vacation home in the winter when we arrived with the heat on low, I would quickly blast it up to temp. But I wouldn’t use it in my RV, I’m I bit nervous to use it over night. It doesn’t produce Co, rather it eats up oxygen and displaces it, thus rising your Co levels. So I’d be afraid to use it!

This is exactly what I have been pondering lately. An inside solution for my bluetti ac200max with solar input from outside during cold months. What I want to do is splice the cable from shore power and have a toggle switch in the camper next to the breaker panel with a 30AMP plug receptacle right there. that way I can flip the switch and have the input go from outside to in almost like a battery shut of switch but a 3 way. I am just starting this research now. As for the solar input my camper has the solar ready ZAMP connection which is reverse polarity to my panels and connection for the the generator. What I was thinking there is running new lines off the tongue battery back in the camper to another plug that I could run into the Solar generator. That or I might make a plug inlet closer to the circuit board and run it through the wall.

Back