diy solar

diy solar

Connecting to PIP 2424LV MSD to travel trailer 12volt leads

Ra Ma Da Sa

I recently acquired the PIP 2424LV MSD all in one unit and intend to be using it with a trailer, my question is how do I connect it to the trailer electric system. I usually connect the trailer to the battery using those wires that come out from the trailer, however this is a 24volt system and this is too high a voltage, I have been guided to use DC to DC converter which after looking into them I see there are various amps leaving me with the question of is there to high an amperage rating. I also would like to know if connecting the AC out to the trailer shore power outlet is going to work or not and if there is something I should know about this. Advise is greatly appreciated

I recently acquired the PIP 2424LV MSD all in one unit and intend to be using it with a trailer, my question is how do I connect it to the trailer electric system. I usually connect the trailer to the battery using those wires that come out from the trailer, however this is a 24volt system and this is too high a voltage, I have been guided to use DC to DC converter which after looking into them I see there are various amps leaving me with the question of is there to high an amperage rating. I also would like to know if connecting the AC out to the trailer shore power outlet is going to work or not and if there is something I should know about this. Advise is greatly appreciated
How do you intend to use the output of the LV2424? You basically have solar PV in, 120vac in, 120vac out, and Battery 24vdc out. So if you are feeding a 24v battery setup, you would have to convert 24v to 12v to power anything in the trailer that is 12v. Otherwise you are using 120vac out. I would be cautious about combining the 12v coming out of your pull vehicle (truck?) with anything solar related. Maybe separate the stuff on the inside from the the lighting on the outside.

How do you intend to use the output of the LV2424? You basically have solar PV in, 120vac in, 120vac out, and Battery 24vdc out. So if you are feeding a 24v battery setup, you would have to convert 24v to 12v to power anything in the trailer that is 12v. Otherwise you are using 120vac out. I would be cautious about combining the 12v coming out of your pull vehicle (truck?) with anything solar related. Maybe separate the stuff on the inside from the the lighting on the outside.
I am most likely going to connect the dc out to the grid power cord on the trailer, and may also have to use a dc to dc converter to connect to the trailer 12volt system direct from the battery bank for some things to work such as the water pump and fridge power. I do have many batteries too so I may just connect another battery bank to the unit to charge, then use the batteries as needed when required. I also may connect a regular battery charger to the DC out of the unit using either a three way extension cable or splitter keeping the battery topped up this way. I do feel I am going to use a battery charger from the dc out though and have the trailer connected to the unit dc out too, This is right now the most practical way to Have everything working as it should and with 1200watts in panels with light weight mounts that I can move around and tilt I have more then enough power for what is going to be needed. The air conditioner in the trailer I am sure to keep off as it is too much load for the unit to handle at the moment, next year maybe.

Back