diy solar

diy solar

Connecting "too many" solar panels to an All-In-One

Thank you
My system has a MS2024PAE, MidNite150, and a PV parallel array of 3x385W Panels @ 24vdc facing east-west and due south.
The MidNite is rated for 98A and I’m producing 100A best case and why I’d like to turn off a pair of panels in summer.
In winter I could add 2 more panels and still remain below the 100A.

Never never never allow PV combined voltage to exceed the controllers rating.

over amping isn’t possible, since the controller DRAWS amps, panels do not PUSH amps. However, a large array can push a low cost controller to draw maximum amps for so long, that it can overheat if not managed properly…
What I’m trying to do is add panels on bad days (ie cloudy) and in winter when the azimuth is poor to stay at 24v 98 A
in summer on good day (ie very sunny), I need to reduce the number of panels back to 6 which is optimum or perfect.

What I’m trying to do is add panels on bad days (ie cloudy) and in winter when the azimuth is poor to stay at 24v 98 A
in summer on good day (ie very sunny), I need to reduce the number of panels back to 6 which is optimum or perfect.
Feed the panels though a combiner box. Then you can simply open/close the breaker/fuse holder for whichever string you want on/off.

Back