diy solar

diy solar

Connection solution?

Tyler702

Desert dweller, quiet prepper
I'm adding some led lights strips around my back patio. My 24to12V converter out wires are 10guage, and the leds, as shown, are 22guage. I've exhausted my search for some kind of connectors, clips, harness, distribution point or other solution to utilize for this. Plenty of connectors in the 8-12 or 10-16 or 12-18 guage range, but 10 to 22 is too far apart it seems. Preferably weatherproof, as it will be outdoors, however it'll be under the eves of a covered patio, so not THAT bad, I just dont want to twist them all up into a wire nut. Can anyone offer a solution?

Attachments

• 20210223_141447.jpg
    20210223_141447.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
How about adding a short piece of an in-between gauge like 16, for example.
Would it be any easier to go 10 to 16 and then 16 to 22?
You could use crimp on butt connectors with heat shrink. I have a mixed box but I haven't actually looked too close at the sizes.
Mebbe you'd need two wires in between, worst case.

Were you going to hard wire them?
Otherwise, if you have a bunch of different strings you could use a little 12v fuse panel as a distribution box.

See this post:

Since it isn't for a mobile environment, you could also just solder the wires together and cover the joins with heat shrink tubing.

See this post:

Since it isn't for a mobile environment, you could also just solder the wires together and cover the joins with heat shrink tubing.
Yea, that's an option, but I really suck at soldering..I may just utilize ring terminals for both guages, then fashion a 2 bolt terminal to affix everything to.

Something like this might work:
Now, THAT'S a good looking unit! Clean, simple, organized, and a cover. Large posts for heavy guage input, small guage output. Don't need a 6 terminal, but hey, you never know. Thanks for that! Much appreciated sir!?

solder and marine heat shrink, double up, I will post a pic of some I did for my boat charger.

Back