diy solar

diy solar

Connections MC4, SAE & XT60

l3wishh

I was wondering if anyone can confirm if the new setup I am trying to get going would work. My current setup is Solar Panel 8mm to MC4 to XT60 (power bank). I am trying to add a solar panel to my car roof rack and make it SOLAR plugin-ready (power socket sidewall port)

So the new setup would be something like Solar Panel MC4 to SAE (Male) to SAE (Female) to MC4 to XT60. I know it sounds a lot but was wondering if there's a cleaner solution to this? Also, those SAE Reverse Adapter will change my positive and negative, correct?

Hope all this makes sense.

I had those stupid barrel plugs on my used panels. I just cut them off and spliced MC4's. Then go MC4 to XT60.

Do you have a specific need for the SAE connectors? I can't figure out why you're using them also.

I had those stupid barrel plugs on my used panels. I just cut them off and spliced MC4's. Then go MC4 to XT60.
This! Or if you're up for re-heading panels just go straight to XT60's on both ends and be done with it. The SAE are almost the worst option and I'd get more weather protection from wire nuts and electrical tape.

Back