diy solar

diy solar

continuous (unbroken) ground path?

BillG

My ground comes down from the jb on the roof to the enphase combiner via EMT. The enphase has a ground terminal strip. I cut the ground conductor attached each resulting end to the terminal strip, The ground conductor then goes out of the enphase combiner in EMT to the MSP. There it is attached to the number 6 bare with irreversible crimp that goes to the Ufer. The ground also passes through ground bushings coming in from roof and before going out to panel. Am I gonna get called on that at inspection since its not 1 continuous conductor?

It depends on your inspector and whether he is in a bad mood, but it should not be a problem. The intent of the 'continuous conductor' is that you can't disrupt the grounding of other panels by removing one of the panels.

My ground comes down from the jb on the roof to the enphase combiner via EMT. The enphase has a ground terminal strip. I cut the ground conductor attached each resulting end to the terminal strip, The ground conductor then goes out of the enphase combiner in EMT to the MSP. There it is attached to the number 6 bare with irreversible crimp that goes to the Ufer. The ground also passes through ground bushings coming in from roof and before going out to panel. Am I gonna get called on that at inspection since its not 1 continuous conductor?
I know this is an old thread, but wondering what happened with yours as I just failed an inspection and this is one thing they pointed out. They want me to add an irreversible crimp up on the junction box on the roof where the bare solid copper transitions to stranded / shielded wire on a ground bar, and then again inside of the Enphase Combiner box when it transitions to a larger wire goign to the main panel. I ordered some clamps to use, but I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like.

Back