diy solar

diy solar

Contractor in Tucson with the SolarApp requirement

cesara

Tucson requires all permits go through this website. https://solarapp.nrel.gov/ ... however it is not possible to register and submit without being a electrical contractor.
Does anyone know of an electrician that will submit permits on their behalf and let you do the install yourself outside of verifying your work to match the site drawing and 3-line design. Or how can I submit without being an electrician

Call some of your local, independent, electricians and see if they can help you. I don't imagine any large companies doing what you need done. It's amazing what being polite over the phone can get accomplished.

Also, check to see if you need to be a licensed electrician, or a licensed contractor (or both). Those are very different things (here, at least), and it's pretty easy to find general contractors that will do what you ask, without too many questions.

If you don't mind me asking, how large is your system going to be, and will it be "grid-tied", stand alone / off-grid, or a hobby project? Depending on that answer, you might not actually be required to follow some pieces of code.

Thanks for the info. Yes it will be grid tied. The system is from a home where the owner did not want to put it back on after their roof needed to be replaced - so they sold it for very cheap. 3 SunPower 5000m inverters with 62 panels generating 14.2kw.

Thanks

Back