diy solar

diy solar

Controller turns off load at 60 seconds?

jheiser57

So my charge controller cuts off the load to my camper at 60 seconds only when the solar is turned on. If I turn off the breaker for the solar panels the load will come back after 10 seconds. The load will stay on indefinitely if the solar remains off but at 60 seconds it’s turns off.
I upgraded my to a stronger marine battery from the small golf cart batteries I was using and the same thing occurs. I assume it’s a setting for either timer or for too much power coming from the panels. I don’t understand why it shuts down the load and not the panels though?
Unless my controller is bad

I wonder what charge controller jheiser57 would have; any ideas?

If you can look cross-eyed and upside down at the Chinglish manual there should be a timer setting that controls that. It's just set for 1min instead of Always.

If you don't have a manual, it's such a common clone that the manual for pretty much anything that looks about the same should be the same.

If you can look cross-eyed and upside down at the Chinglish manual there should be a timer setting that controls that. It's just set for 1min instead of Always.

If you don't have a manual, it's such a common clone that the manual for pretty much anything that looks about the same should be the same.
So is this thing just a pile? I was able to find the time setting and even though it said hours it was a minute. Now a day later it won’t send power to the load and keeps flashing the battery icon. The battery has power as the inverter powers up straight from the battery.
Thoughts or recommendations on a better controller

Thoughts or recommendations on a better controller

Anything that says MPPT and DOESN'T have any USB ports on the front/side? EPEver, Rich Solar, even HQST or Renogy are decent mid-grade controllers. In a pinch even my PowMr controllers work to turn solar DC into battery DC.

What do you have for panels as far as wattage, VoC, Imp, and number? We can help point you in the right direction, we just wouldn't want to recommend something that would fry out or not do what you need it to do.

Also, what are you using the load ports for? They're really only intended for auxiliary lights and really low draw stuff at best.

Back