diy solar

diy solar

COOL FIND::: HT206A's and D's Clamp Multimeter

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
As Solar Rat will state below - The HT206A can NOT read DC amps through the clamp, so definitely get the D model!

OK - so FIRST I have absolutely nothing to do with this company nor am I a reseller of any sort

Second - NO this does not compare to the $300 FLUKE you are going to compare it to --BUT:

A few weeks ago one of the guys in China that we get our 4000aH batteries (yep the big ones) from threw in a a handful of HT206A's and HT206D clamp on Multi-meters in the box ...

Of course all of us here have our own various multi-meters that we are use to and trust and would not swap them out - I actually think that I would give up my boyfriend before my multi-meter - but i digress.

BUT if you are starting out and looking for a damn good multi-meter, or looking for a good backup, then Google HT206A's and HT206D and i think you can get the HT206A for about $17.00 and the HT206D for about $30. Several times I need to hang one meter on one cable and take readings with another - and these are great as a backup. And they are cheap enough not to cry over if you forget and leave it somewhere ...but I will tell you - comparing the readout on the HT206D compared to mine and the bench one we use - it was spot on ..

The main difference is the HT206D has temperature (which we use allot here) and it has self sensing auto ranging in both Amps and Volts.. to me that's worth the extra $13 dollars in a heartbeat.

But I just thought I would throw this suggestion out for the newbies looking for a really good multi-meter ... or someone just looking for a backup ....and don't want to spend $100's on one ..

Last edited:
I have a Meterk clone of the HT206D, I bought just for the DC clamp meter. It's a good deal for the money and is spot on with my Fluke. After a few months of use it started to flake out if the probe wires are moved a certain way, but I don't care as I only need this for the Dc clamp meter.

Note: The HT206a style can NOT read DC amps through the clamp, so definitely get the D model!

I just bought this one. I like it because it has Bluetooth so I don't have to go out in the yard to read it.

Back