diy solar

diy solar

Cool testing channel on youtube

curiouscarbon

Science Penguin
Hi all,

Saw a post about someone who made a rig to test flashlight brightness, to compare devices to their claimed lumen output.

They seem to do other stuff too. Just learned about it today. Always great to compare the box label to the real performance.

Their methodological grit seems pretty darn tooting.

Enjoy!

I just started getting into modifying flashlights. It's just as much of an addiction as solar is.

A few years ago, a really bright light was pretty expensive. I was able to get a bunch for under $100 from China, One of them easily throws a thousand meters, One of them is a 3,000 lumen flood light monster, that easily outshines my super bright LED headlights (both of those take a single 21700 battery, and fit in your pocket), an 18650 headlamp that lights up my entire, acre, backyard, and a cool EDC light that's like 1200 lumens. Most of them have programmable firmware, and drivers / LED's that can be upgraded.

Flashlight tech has gotten cheap and ridiculously powerful over the past few years.

I'd be happy to give a few recommendations for absurd lights that are less than $30.

Back