diy solar

diy solar

Copying Will's tesla basic setup - questions

So got the tesla batt up to 24.4 so hopefully its ok.. going to connect it hopefully today and run some loads off it. . Im planning to keep the battery in a steel jobsite box with kiln shelves inside and a remote steel water hookup just in case i need to submerge the thing (worst case scenario)..

Received the smart battery disconnect last night (220a version).

A reminder to anyone else planning on purchasing the Victron Smart Battery Protect and using it with Tesla modules, I mentioned it to @CamaroMan but it's worth saying again so due to it's importance..... do your research.... read the below posts.

The Battery Protect is not designed for bidirectional current flow, doing so may and HAS resulted in fire, do not do it.

1678810208288.png

1678810175967.png

Last edited:
Hi,
Have any of you decided to cool de modules with an external radiator etc... just like a PC water cooling? Pump, radiators etc?
If heat is the problem or one of the detonating factors...it can be controlled real easy...

I'm going the Tesla Module route too... just getting everything together... and problably going 2 (6s) BMS in series or 1 BMS (12s)...water cooled!

With all this companies doing the cell tap module... its just time to figured out a nice bms for the modules...

Back