diy solar

diy solar

Correct wiring…..?

I guess you don't know the answers to my questions, which is fine.
My vision is terrible so the pictures don't help me as much as they would some of the hawk eyes here.
I think you have a "generator panel".
I think its this one.

Please confirm the model # is QO4L100S?

I guess you don't know the answers to my questions, which is fine.
My vision is terrible so the pictures don't help me as much as they would some of the hawk eyes here.
I think you have a "generator panel".
I think its this one.

Please confirm the model # is QO4L100S?

is that a split phase panel?

Yes it appears it is. The neutral (white wire) needs to be moved to the lug on the right side of the neutral bus bar (the one above where you no have the black wire). But then only every other breaker will work This box is wrong for the intended use.

Last edited:
No. The white is still in the wrong place. See my post above. The white needs to go on the right side of the neutral bus bar (the one with all of the screws). But this is the wrong type of panel if your inverter is 110vac output. What model inverter are you using?
Rich All in one 3000 watt….. and here is output….. so I have the wrong panel type is what I am understanding..

Attachments

• C859CC85-8CCE-4AF7-8194-F2599C116140.png
    C859CC85-8CCE-4AF7-8194-F2599C116140.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Rich all in one 3000.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
so I have the wrong panel type is what I am understanding..

The panel you have is for spit phase (220vac) where one leg goes on the left and one on the right. Then every other breaker gets one half of the 220 giving you 110 on each breaker.

If one does not care at all about code, it can still work, but best to get the right panel.

The panel you have is for spit phase (220vac) where one leg goes on the left and one on the right. Then every other breaker gets one half of the 220 giving you 110 on each breaker.

If one does not care at all about code, it can still work, but best to get the right panel.
I agree.. I will get a correct panel, I DO care about code because they are for you’re own safety..is my belief.

And thank you so much for you patience… some pretty cool people on this forum

Yes it appears it is. The neutral (white wire) needs to be moved to the lug on the right side of the neutral bus bar (the one above where you no have the black wire). But then only every other breaker will work This box is wrong for the intended use.

This is the one I’m going to.

Attachments

• 47D1C2D2-D79F-4240-888D-91AA044C5D1C.png
    47D1C2D2-D79F-4240-888D-91AA044C5D1C.png
    819.3 KB · Views: 10
Blue Sea Systems Traditional Metal Panel - AC Main + 6 Positions, 5-1/4" W x 7-1/2" H
This panel maybe what you need. I found it on Amazon

Ok, then that feeder needs to be #10 to feed the panel. You can then jump the two lower lugs and feed both legs of the panel.
I meant, what AC voltage output.

120/60hz Like this?!. I know the jumper is short just want to see if this is what you meantA7C79FBF-8C8A-4B06-82EE-53670ABFD319.jpeg

Last edited:
Back