diy solar

diy solar

Correct Wiring for SunPower 435w Panels

MichSolar33

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the forums and wanted to jump on and see if I could get you guys to bless my new setup here. Should be a fairly straightforward answer. I am getting very close to turning up a solar system which I built without an integrator, here are the specs:

48 x SunPower 435w Panels
2 x SolArk 12k Invertors
2 x Kong Elite 15Kwa Batteries

My question is, what is the correct way to wire the panels? Since there is a total of 4 PV inputs between the 2 SolArk units I was thinking it would go like this:

8 Strings of 6 Panels running in parallel = 4 total strings of panels

So each PV input would have 12 total panels connected (6 String + 6 String running in parallel)

(6+6) x 4 = 48

Am I thinking the right way here? Any guidance is appreciated.

please provide info on the panel like a photo of the label of shot of the data sheet and the max input voltage of the solark 12k mppt input.
What is record low temp recorded in your area?

Quick search gives me this info:
Voc 85.6
max DC voltage input is 500 Volt which probably (depending on lowest temp) means max 5 of your panels in series.

i would buy 2 more panels and go 5s10P but since that is not dividable by 4 inputs you probably end up with this:

inverter 1
mppt1 5S2P
mppt2 5S3P <- fused junction box

inverter 2
mppt1 5S2P
mppt2 5S3P <- fused junction box

Here are all the spec sheets attached. Coldest temp is -14f. Thanks for your assistance.

Attachments

• Lowest Temps.png
    Lowest Temps.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SolArk Specs.png
    SolArk Specs.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Sunpower Specs.png
    Sunpower Specs.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 8
Here are all the spec sheets attached. Coldest temp is -14f. Thanks for your assistance.
[I editted my earlier response because I entered wrong value in calculator and thought 5 was safe, it isn't!]

Due to your record low temperature even 5 in series is too much:
Screenshot from 2022-08-06 08-28-19.png
505 volt is more than the maximum 500 volt on the Sol ark.

This implies you can work with the 48 panels you already have:

4 panels in series is 404 volt at the coldest temperature recorded, well below the limit
3 of those strings in parallel per MPPT input. Each panel has Impp of 5.97 amps.
So 3 in parallel is just under 18 amps which is below the 20 amps max usable input on each MPPT input.

inverter 1:
mppt1 4S3P <- fused junction box
mppt2 4S3P <- fused junction box

inverter 2:

Last edited:
[I editted my earlier response because I entered wrong value in calculator and thought 5 was safe, it isn't!]

Due to your record low temperature even 5 in series is too much:
View attachment 105611
505 volt is more than the maximum 500 volt on the Sol ark.

This implies you can work with the 48 panels you already have:

4 panels in series is 404 volt at the coldest temperature recorded, well below the limit
3 of those strings in parallel per MPPT input. Each panel has Impp of 5.97 amps.
So 3 in parallel is just under 18 amps which is below the 20 amps max usable input on each MPPT input.

inverter 1:

inverter 2:
Thank you very much!

Back