diy solar

diy solar

Crappy Net-Metering agreement in Your Area? Crypto mine instead!

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
This caught my eye:
ref
...instead of selling my surplus solar energy, I mine bitcoin,” Ander remarked. “1 kWh = 1,16 Kr($0.12) — That is more than 10 times the money if I would sell it to the grid. Using the most common miners on the market ($100 each which convert 1,3 kW -> BTC).

It's off the bitcoin site, so take it with a few grains of salt. I've also heard that "small guys" can no longer compete with huge farms.

There are also hosting companies (like Blockware Solutions for example), who rent out rackspace, maintenance service contracts, etc, so you can install your own rigs in their facility and take advantage of their solar farms for cheap power, and lower-cost cooling with underground pipes, and such and have a place to run your rigs from...

I used the above as an example, because I actually reached out to this company to get more info, and here is the email that the sales guy sent me back in response... (that email is from January so it may be a bit dated, but just to get the idea of other option for the small guy to cash in on mining)

------------------
"
Hi Oliver,

It is great to meet you and I appreciate the reach-out through our partner Bob Spiegel from Quote Colo. We can sell you Bitcoin Mining Rigs with Hosting at our facility in Kentucky, USA.

We are the leaders in providing the leading hardware to US Miners - we have sold about 75,000 ASIC's over the past 12 months and have placed over 45 MW of miner hosting. We work with clients of all sizes and we are more than happy to provide the best solution for you.

We have put together the most attractive package for US Miners to survive and thrive beyond 2021.

There are Two Critical Variables:

1. Deploying the most efficient Mining Rigs.
2. Achieving as low of an all-in Kwh Electricity Rate as possible.

Our management team consists of some of the most experienced miners within the space. We manage over 300+ PH/s of hash-rate, most of which belongs to our own self mining operation -Blockware Mining LLC. Our operational hosting mining partner team, Navier, has designed over 150 MW of leading crypto facilities around the globe. We believe that an open-air warehouse facility design is one of the best ways to host your miners. These are high-powered machines that you hash 24/7 and their goal is to stress every ounce of energy which translates to computing Bitcoin Hash. These machines need air and they need to breathe. This is why an open ware-house design with proper cooling thrives - it allows the machines to breathe.

We have been very vocal in the space about how much more profitable it can be long term to host machines with a quality company at all-in low kWh rates vs building out your own facility. Publicly traded companies like Marathon - $MARA (Market cap of $1.4b on the Nasdaq) and Riot - $RIOT (who we work closely with and are traded on the Nasdaq at $2b Market cap) host their machines with hosting facilities, instead of owning and operating their own facilities. With the Blockware hosting model, you will end up with far more Capex that you can deploy towards machines instead of infrastructure. Our goal is to help you maximize hash, and allow you to be profitable for years to come.

We will be offering an all-in energy hosting rate range of 5.9-6.9c kWh for hosting your mining rigs. We can confidently say we have industry-best Hosting Rates for small-mid size miners, as we are able to provide them an industrial scale rate. This rate includes management, electricity, shelf space, network redundancy, and facility build-out.

We offer mining packages where you buy the Mining Hardware from us with Hosting services. You can then connect your machines to our Bitcoin mining pool https://bitcoin.blockwarepool.com/ where you will be paid out your Bitcoin rewards daily.

Attached is a video of our hosting facility that is located in Kentucky, USA:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgEkzGuowv92KrpejF_ZCWivESDDdKv7/view
Our offering is hands-off. You will be able to monitor your machines through an app, but we will manage and maintain the units at our facility. Below are our hardware offerings, this price includes shipping to you or you hosting the machines with us:
  • 1000+ used Bitmain S17+'s 73T on-site turnkey at our hosting facility for $4850 each. By offering a turnkey solution with our on-site miners, we are able to de-risk the ordering process and sell you machines that are tested. We can have you up and hashing within 48 hours from the payment and hosting onboarding completion with these machines.
  • New Bitmain S19 Pro 110T March batch available for $8485 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this March shipment.
  • New Canaan 90T (38W/T) March batch available for $6450 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this March shipment.
  • New Bitmain S19 Pro 110T May batch available for $7890 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this May shipment.
  • New Bitmain S19 Pro 110T June batch available for $7560 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this June shipment.
  • New Canaan 90T (38W/T) July batch available for $5850 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this July shipment.
  • New Bitmain S19j 90T July batch available for $6350 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this July shipment.
  • New Bitmain S19 95T August batch available for $6150 landed cost, this includes applicable import fees (duty/tariff) and shipping to the USA. We have prepaid and secured this batch, immediate payment is required to lock in your allocation of this July shipment.
Mining is an excellent way to get involved in the Network and is a great complement to your Bitcoin holdings.
Please let me know if you have any questions and if this opportunity interests you.
I have also included a report that we just completed titled "2021 Bitcoin Market Outlook - $40,000 is Only the Beginning."
Thanks,
Mason Jappa
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer | Blockware Solutions LLC
Managing Partner | Blockware Mining LLC
Advisory Board Member | RIOT Blockchain (Nasdaq - RIOT)
https://www.riotblockchain.com/about/advisory-board
Bitcoin Pool Operator | Bitcoin.Blockwarepool.com
Proprietary Research |
For Future Insights and Research Subscribe Here
Follow us on Twitter | @BlockwareTeam
Join our Telegram Group | https://t.me/BlockwareSolutionsOfferings
Sales@BlockwareSolutions.com
https://BlockwareSolutions.com

"

Last edited:
Back