diy solar

diy solar

Crash course solar

Your batteries are at notably different states of charge.

Short term, I would break them down and pair the 14.60 and 15.19 together for 24V and then pair the 13.32 with the 13.69.

I personally use these on my 48V bank consisting of 4S2P Trojan 12V:

You would need 4. Connect one to each battery and then connect them to each other. They sense when batteries are different voltages, and they transfers charge from the higher voltage batteries to the lower voltage batteries.

Note that running your batteries at anything over 14.6-14.8V (depends on the battery's specifications) will damage them.

If these are flooded batteries, you need to make sure the electrolyte is at the proper level by filling with distilled water. Make sure the tops of the batteries are very clean before you open them.

with the landlord having shut all utility's off he also stopped mail delivery to but i can order on amazon and pick up at thier hub..
so i wont be able to order the item you recommended is thier a item they have on amozon that i can use ? i have them hooked up 4 in series and the other 4 in series joined together parallel to controller to make for a 24volt system and when i get the balancers where exactly do i connect them . thank you

Attachments

• imageedit_1_7839888125jijilk.jpg
    imageedit_1_7839888125jijilk.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 3
12V batteries.

24V system

You have 2S4P, i.e., four groups of two batteries in series with each group paralleled.

Are you using clamps for the main +/- connections? If so, that's horrible.

Additionally, the gauge of the main leads look notably smaller than the interconnects.

1618516848852.png

Is the main (+) terminal circled at the lower left?
Is the main (-) terminal circled at the top right?
Is the spindly little "T" wire indicated by a circled "?" connecting the Left top battery positive with left bottom battery positive?
Where does it go when it branches off to the right?
Is there a cable connecting the top right battery (-) terminal to the bottom right battery (-) terminal?

the wire i used to connect the batteries will not fit into the connector hole on the charge controller its 2 fat i would have to shave down the wires to make them fit . the wire that has the clamps on it are going to the inverter and the tee is my +parallel positive to controller of the size of wire that will fit the connection on the controller. on the opposite corner top right circle is the neg- clamp to inverter, and neg- parallel connection to controller.

Is there a cable connecting the top right battery (-) terminal to the bottom right battery (-) terminal?
yes thier is

the wire i used to connect the batteries will not fit into the connector hole on the charge controller its 2 fat i would have to shave down the wires to make them fit . the wire that has the clamps on it are going to the inverter and the tee is my +parallel positive to controller of the size of wire that will fit the connection on the controller. on the opposite corner top right circle is the neg- clamp to inverter, and neg- parallel connection to controller.

Clamps are horribly inefficient.

You have an imbalanced setup. Due to the thin (+) interconnect, the lower row of 4 batteries is going to bear a significantly larger portion of the load.

Unfortunately, the posts limit your options. Appropriate deep cycle batteries for power storage include dual posts or at least a single threaded stud where you can make multiple connections.

I have never used the following, but they should perform similarly to the units I recommended:

You will need 4 of them, one for each of your 24V groups:

1618521000763.png

Again, I vigorously recommend you "match" the existing 12V as best you can. Pair the highs with high and lows with lows.

Your disparities are huge and damage is occurring with each charge and discharge.

i did mean to send that this picture here is how i have the batteries wiredIMG_5275[1].JPG
and here is the pictures of the directionsIMG_5273[1].JPG i ordered 4 like you said
with that picture above of how i have the batteries connected could you draw a line where to connect the black , white ,and red wire. please thank you

lllllllllllllllllll.gif
Or do i do this? and use the other 2 when i get more batterys?pppppppppppppp.gif
one on all 4 like that picture or like the first pic where thier were thier was 2 on 4 like you said for me to do.. from my diagram did i connect the wires to the right terminals for the way the battery's are connected their not separated in for sets of 2 bat. please i really do know a dam thing when it comes to this , this was all thrown on me all of the sudden with no electricity. im so thankful for your help

witch configuration is correct the one that uses 1 balancer for 4 battery's or the 2 balancers for 4 battery's

can you copy and paste the photo that is correct of my drawings of the battery's not the picture of the manual pic, but one of the ones that i drew the wire connections

I have a question if I may about the Evening , interval and dawn settings. Should the Evening be set to the sundown time i.e...7pm or 19H? And Dawn to 7am or 07H? Please help I am a newbie and am confused.

I have a question if I may about the Evening , interval and dawn settings. Should the Evening be set to the sundown time i.e...7pm or 19H? And Dawn to 7am or 07H? Please help I am a newbie and am confused.
What device are you trying to configure? You may be better off starting a new thread for your question.

I have a ooycyoo 80 amp mppt controller and I don't understand the evening settings and interval and dawn settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-171311_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-171311_Chrome.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1
that looks like my picture dawn and sundown setting ? i dont think their are any different settings for dawn and sundown, it just 24h you want it on the 24h setting and the sun goes down its stops charging in the mourning it starts charging. you dont need to tell it when to start and stop in reference to night and day. im not talking about charging voltage.. i have had no problems read the previous messages about the the batteries voltages on this controller i dont let my batteries go down under 25.0 at night i think their not supposed to go under 25.2. and get batteries balancers the batteries will get all out of wac on state of charge even if you start them all out at the same voltage thinking their ok . not for very long they wont be i would buy some before or your going to find yourself short one night and have no power because you dont have enough power in your batteries

Back