diy solar

diy solar

Crimp Tool

Wow,!!!! I was actually coming on this forum to find a good crimper review. I bought this very same crimper. My opinion is it is junk.
Why??? Because the rotating AWG wheel has so much clearance. The crimp lug goes sideways. It does crimp the lung but it not a quality tool by no means.

See what I mean?

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_210555473.jpg
    IMG_20210926_210555473.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 29
That is a heavy wall lug. I would assume that crimper is for small wire terminals only.

I was crimping 8 AWG wire with 8 AWG Anderson connector. This is what the tool is for. The crimp is holding but not what it should be.

This is the same tool that was asked about. You can see how it worked for me. I would not recommend in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_083027627.jpg
    IMG_20210927_083027627.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210927_082856231.jpg
    IMG_20210927_082856231.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 16
I use this on medium size cables like 8 guage, 4 gauge etc. works really well.

I use this on smaller wire even on BMS wire. works really good.

I have one of these when doing bigger cable and don't feel like getting out the hydraulic crimper. Works well

Hydraulic crimping tool and it works well

See what I mean?
I’d tighten that up with a C retaining washer and some whacks with a 3# hammer :)

I guess I bought and forgot that I did the Bouge RV crimper with 6 MC4 pairs. I discovered it under some tee shirts on my bureau a week or so ago lol.

I used it today and was very impressed. It’s a travel-to-release and it did a great job in one smooth shot making an excellent B crimp.

The tool in the Will Vid: I think I had that but I’d disappeared a couple weeks ago with a few 4x8s of 2” foam insulation, my cordless angle grinder, 3 batteries, charger, a spare epever controller and Giandel inverter -both new in the box; and the five or six shrink packages of new hand tools I bought for my grandson. I am not sure what else they took if anything, although now that I think I haven’t seen my small electrical bag recently either. :(
That’s like over $1000 grrr

Anyway the tool worked great the few times I used it…

I like the idea of an "all in one tool" to save time once you're doing work crimping etc up on a hot roof. But do you have to pay over $300 to get a good one? Or maybe I'm wrong: is this brand or tool a good one?

Rennsteig CSC (Cut, Strip, Crimp) Tool for Multi Contact MC4/Tlian/Twinsel/Jinko/Leoni Contacts w/Locator for #10 AWG - 624 006 3 1 RT​

from https://www.titansolarsupply.com/re...winsel-jinko-leoni-contacts-w-locator-10-awg/ but if it's good I'd hope one can find it cheaper somewhere else... I'm not comfortable paying that much for 1 tool... Will's list of cutting and crimping tools

looks very attractive when you look at competing tool prices. I just wish he or someone else might find an all in one that's good for the rare user. Like 1x set up, or on the road fix.

Back