diy solar

diy solar

Critical load panel solution for two subpanels

MichaelArk

Setting up 5.4kw system and ordered a Sol-Ark system. I have not chosen which battery for backup yet.

My basement has a 200 amp service coming in splits to two 100amp subpanels where the actual house individual breakers are both 120 and 240. Because the two panels are physically apart about 30 feet, I want to setup a central critical load panel to pull critical loads from both panels to the new central panel.

I already have an generator transfer panel setup for a generator input on one of the subpanel when the grid goes down but the transfer panel only has 10 breaker slots not enough to accommodate the critical loads of both subpanels. Of course I am not trying to run the whole house but the problem is having two separate subpanels feeding different areas of the house.

I want to install a regular electrical panel such as below with enough slots for all the critical loads but what will be an ideal way to switch between the grid and solar battery power source? Do they make regular breakers with three positions perhaps Grid/Off/SolarInput?
Advises welcomed. Thanks. Mike
1616194269352.png

Ok I think I figured out how. Please let me know if this will work by putting the solar on GEN side.
1616194724686.png

Back