diy solar

diy solar

CT Meter for Megarevo R6KL1

paulwebb500

I've just installed the R6KL1 which is working fine with protected load wired up through 2nd CU, 250AH of lead acid batteries, and 5.5kW of panels.

Currently I can't send power to the grid feed as I have no CT meter (vendor didn't send me one). Does anyone know what CT meter I could use with a 6kW single phase MegaRevo?

I've just installed the R6KL1 which is working fine with protected load wired up through 2nd CU, 250AH of lead acid batteries, and 5.5kW of panels.

Currently I can't send power to the grid feed as I have no CT meter (vendor didn't send me one). Does anyone know what CT meter I could use with a 6kW single phase MegaRevo?
Does your firmware give you the option of changing the ratio for the CT meter? In the recent firwmare I loaded on my r8klna I can, so I was able to use enphase 2500:1 ct's. Of course I needed two because I have split phase, sounds like you are single phase. I believe 1000:1 was the original that came with mine which should be a fairly universal part.

Yep, single phase and yes, 1000:1 is currently set. I had a firmware upgrade (by Megarevo) last week which provideda whole bunch of new menu's.

Does your firmware give you the option of changing the ratio for the CT meter? In the recent firwmare I loaded on my r8klna I can, so I was able to use enphase 2500:1 ct's. Of course I needed two because I have split phase, sounds like you are single phase. I believe 1000:1 was the original that came with mine which should be a fairly universal part.
Are you able to provide latest firmware for the r8klna?

Does anyone know which of the RJ45 pins the CT meter connects to. I bit the bullet in the end and ran an armoured CAT6 cable down to the garage. Oscilloscope shows a reasonable signal but I can't figure which of the 8RJ45 pins my 2 CT clamp wires need to connect to.....

Does anyone know which of the RJ45 pins the CT meter connects to. I bit the bullet in the end and ran an armoured CAT6 cable down to the garage. Oscilloscope shows a reasonable signal but I can't figure which of the 8RJ45 pins my 2 CT clamp wires need to connect to.....
CT pin of megarevo is RJ45 pin 3 & 6

How far did you have to run your cat6 cable?
I have roughly 130 ft to run to our main house panel right off the meter.

Thanks for your help, Eric R.

3, 6 ( 3 CT dark cable) [ sorry blind color]

Back