diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

I too have been waiting without any answers from Adam. I paid for air freight delivery of 4 kits the first week of March. Before paying I was assured they were in stock and would ship within 1 week. Every inquiry has been met with either silence, or please be patient we have a covid shipping delay.

I too have been waiting without any answers from Adam. I paid for air freight delivery of 4 kits the first week of March. Before paying I was assured they were in stock and would ship within 1 week. Every inquiry has been met with either silence, or please be patient we have a covid shipping delay.
Yeah, the communist government has made a mess there by mandates amd lockdowns. Thank goodness there would never be mandates and lockdowns in the USA eh?....?

For a mobile use case in a DIY box, flexible bus bars may be a better option, just in case.
I am defiantly using flexible buss bars but still need to restrain the cells so that they do not rub against anything and wear through the blue cover.

I am defiantly using flexible buss bars but still need to restrain the cells so that they do not rub against anything and wear through the blue cover.
The Seplos Mason kits use a square of foam between each cell, and it works real well. In my diy battery, I bought a thin rubber door mat, and cut it into squares to put between each cell.

One week later, still nothing happened, all 5 tracking numbers still don't work.

You need a refund for airlines shipping
it us the same...
sergea paid seplos to design it
The exact designation is : MASON DIY Unit for EVE 280Ah cells
In fact they can design any box (or device) you want, there is minimal affordable setup fee.

I want to ask them to design a new bus bar system (JASSN) to connect 2 or 3 8K inverters and 4 to 8 battery. I thinking to go with 2 inverters and 6 batteries. Any feedback before going in production?

Last edited:

In fact they can design any box (or device) you want, there is minimal affordable setup fee.

I want to ask them to design a new bus bar system (JASSN) to connect 2 or 3 8K inverters and 4 to 8 battery. I thinking to go with 2 inverters and 6 batteries. Any feedback before going in production?
Are you saying they shipped by sea freight, and will then be sent to our homes from a USA warehouse? When were they available and in production? The extra cost for international air freight was substantial. Around $500 extra.

I have only one inverter, but up to six or even eight batteries would be nice. If it could accommodate this scenario, I'd be down to buy one.
I'm imagining it with a negative busbar and sufficient breakers for the positive connections. If it could be mounted on top of the DIY 280Ah cases in a clean way that would be nice, so that just positive and negative from inverter(s) need to get to the stack of batteries and then the busbars and breakers are all there going out to each battery case in the stack.

One week later, still nothing happened, all 5 tracking numbers still don't work.
My tracking number never worked. The items just showed up. I think the Chinese companies all use logistics agents, until the products land in the destination country. Tracking does not work until they assign one in your country by the local shipping company, and the vendors do not seem to share those.

I do have one vendor, Vituvia ebikes, that did provide a real fedex tracking number, but that was only provided

They already have a 16 port JASSN I believe.

My tracking number never worked. The items just showed up. I think the Chinese companies all use logistics agents, until the products land in the destination country. Tracking does not work until they assign one in your country by the local shipping company, and the vendors do not seem to share those.
I used air freight same as @grobalt and mine were air freighted by UPS from China directly to me. The tracking information was supplied and was accurate. I think @grobalt has legitimate grounds for complaint given he chose better shipping than sea freight (for which I think your experience is realistic).
They already have a 16 port JASSN I believe.
Yeah but it sucks because it has no breakers in it :(

I have only one inverter, but up to six or even eight batteries would be nice. If it could accommodate this scenario, I'd be down to buy one.
I'm imagining it with a negative busbar and sufficient breakers for the positive connections. If it could be mounted on top of the DIY 280Ah cases in a clean way that would be nice, so that just positive and negative from inverter(s) need to get to the stack of batteries and then the busbars and breakers are all there going out to each battery case in the stack.
This is exactly how it works :) seplos said only 4 box can be stack one on a other unless you use a rack and have a stand for each of them. the original JASNN has a negative and positive bus bar and breaker for each battery. They changed it recently with one big breaker instead of individual breaker.

I need to talk to them about the rational of one big breaker vs individual breaker.

I need to talk to them about the rational of one big breaker vs individual breaker.
Yeah. I guess I want the ability to disconnect any given pack on it's own, for maintenance or whatever. Right now mine will all feed into my main power distribution panel where they have a 250A breaker, but that turns off all the battery power.

Disabling one pack that is misbehaving to sort it out is definitely a consideration.

The alternative, I guess, is the midnight solar battery combiner box but it is quite expensive and I think a bit more than what I need? Not sure.

I used air freight same as @grobalt and mine were air freighted by UPS from China directly to me. The tracking information was supplied and was accurate. I think @grobalt has legitimate grounds for complaint given he chose better shipping than sea freight (for which I think your experience is realistic).

Yeah but it sucks because it has no breakers in it :(
yeah it is not the same. I just want a new JASNN to connect my inverters and battteries with breaker :) .
I'am trying to make it suitable for others.

So let say should be able to :
- connect up to 2 x 8K inverters
- connect up to 2 x 4 batteries (2 stacks of 4)
- breakers for each batteries [or breaker for each stack] [or one general breaker] !! (need to know why they switch from individual breaker to a big one)
- deliverable without the breakers, so people can use theirs own

Yeah. I guess I want the ability to disconnect any given pack on it's own, for maintenance or whatever. Right now mine will all feed into my main power distribution panel where they have a 250A breaker, but that turns off all the battery power.

Disabling one pack that is misbehaving to sort it out is definitely a consideration.

The alternative, I guess, is the midnight solar battery combiner box but it is quite expensive and I think a bit more than what I need? Not sure.²

The alternative, I guess, is the midnight solar battery combiner box but it is quite expensive and I think a bit more than what I need? Not sure.

be very careful when reconnecting a pack, the FET need to be off before switching the breaker on. then activate the BMS so precharge can do his work. initialy I requested to have a breaker in the battery box, but it would has take a lot more space and makes the box more expensive.

Last edited:

impressive, like the price ;-)

haha we just want a upgrade of their JASNN 150 US$ 6 ports bus bar to XXX US $ 8 ports bus bar rates for ours 280Ah batteries:- )

havent looked at the jassn busbars so far, except for a glace.
however :
- intergrated space for inline breaker on each connect to battery and inverter be nice
- integrate place for shunt be nice

as we're slowly moving in to the 15k inverters it should be able to handle the load of 3 15k inverters

Yeah, I currently use a switch on the positive for each battery bank, which enables me to do maintenance on any bank while keeping the inverters running. A breaker would need to be robust enough to handle inrush and current under load disconnects, so 60V 250amp. The current JASSN uses Nader NDM1-125 breakers, which are rated for AC or DC, but only 125 amps.

Back