diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

ideally if you can find a used rack from NetAPP its perfect. better to use something like the picture in the appropriate size.
I currently work for a major server company, and was at NetApp for a while. Server racks are not built to handle drive storage loads, but the storage racks are way more expensive, as they are built like tanks. NetApp is a good idea, as filers typically include a lot of internal drives, so weight handling is better. Hitachi or EMC would be better, but their racks are harder to get.

I have seen data center floors buckle under the weight of Hitachi storage arrays, but the arrays themselves held up fine.

The SMA, are already there, serving the house during the day. They feed the main panel, but I turned off the whole sell back to the grid contract. They just offset my electric costs during the day. Since they have been running great since 2006, I thought I would just leave them in place, as they are connected to some nice but low wattage LG panels.

I want to use the MPP's and batteries for the night, and when the power goes out. If the SMA's fail, I can just re-connect their PV to the MPP's, and keep going.
I have a bunch of Qcell 330w panels sitting in my garage, which will feed the MPP's on a ground mount. I am looking at expanding those with the newer 450-500 watt panels, but prices sure have gone up! In fact, ALT-E store no longer sells just panels! You have to buy a complete solution from them now. I guess I will need to find a new supplier.

I asked Seplos about stacking the 280ah Mason boxes. They told me they could only be stacked 2 deep or they would deform and crush the lower cases.
@sergea can you confirm this with your contact at Seplos (how many units can be stacked safely)? The information they gave me conflicted with this (Henry @ Seplos said up to four could be stacked), it would be good to know the official position!

@sergea can you confirm this with your contact at Seplos (how many units can be stacked safely)? The information they gave me conflicted with this (Henry @ Seplos said up to four could be stacked), it would be good to know the official position!
Up to 4 is for their original Mason kits, as there is no additional internal steel to hold the weight. It looks like the 280's have a better build, with the holes in the corners like the PUSUNG boxes. I would assume they would be able to stack more.

Or you can place them side by side in a cabinet like this:
Ultra HD Mega Storage Cabinet - Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0144DQNWW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_8N93H9QSN392KDNXNTYT

ok, I will ask them to publish the information on the web site

In any case I won't stack them without a shelf for each of them in the rack

Up to 4 is for their original Mason kits, as there is no additional internal steel to hold the weight. It looks like the 280's have a better build, with the holes in the corners like the PUSUNG boxes. I would assume they would be able to stack more.

Or you can place them side by side in a cabinet like this:
Ultra HD Mega Storage Cabinet - Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0144DQNWW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_8N93H9QSN392KDNXNTYT
But I don't want a cabinet or a rack :p

If they can only stack max two high, I guess I can live with that, but stacking up to four would be great.

I got the information on 2 deep from Adam Han via alibaba chat. It would definitely be nice to have just one stack. It would also mean I don't need to build a rack, and just locate them on the floor. Please let us know when you find out.

I got the information on 2 deep from Adam Han via alibaba chat. It would definitely be nice to have just one stack. It would also mean I don't need to build a rack, and just locate them on the floor. Please let us know when you find out.
Pure speculation here, but:

If we look on Seplos site, the 100Ah PUSUNG stackable unit can be stacked a max of six high. If we assume that a 100Ah unit is approx 1/3 the weight of a 280Ah unit, that means the lowest unit in that stack of six is being subjected to well over 400lbs of batteries stacked above it.

It feels to me like stacking 3-4 of the 280Ah cases is within the realm of possibility, but I'd really rather get confirmation from Seplos officially, and seems like @sergea has the best contact with them. It would be terribly unfortunate to assume, and have a catastrophic failure.

But I don't want a cabinet or a rack :p

If they can only stack max two high, I guess I can live with that, but stacking up to four would be great.
Stack up to 4 for the EVE 280ah Mason kits, and up to 16 in parallel.

In 9 days my alibaba order is auto accept, i cannot extend the receive time any more, already maximum amount used ... so i payed nearly 1400$ for shipment and still received nothing. I contacted them and told them that i cannot extend any more and in 7 days i will open the case for full refund. Air freight and communication is absolutely horrible.

In 9 days my alibaba order is auto accept, i cannot extend the receive time any more, already maximum amount used ... so i payed nearly 1400$ for shipment and still received nothing. I contacted them and told them that i cannot extend any more and in 7 days i will open the case for full refund. Air freight and communication is absolutely horrible.
Very sad to hear that,

Very sad to hear that,
Yeah, Adam said he would send me tracking info for my latest order last week, but nothing yet.
Based on my past experience, they have been fairly responsive, so I am hoping they are not part of the lockdown/no food crisis that is happening at the moment. I know Shanghai has been hit hard by the communist party lockdowns.

Back