diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

I think this is the post he is talking about:
(which has a link to a PDF that is about Amphenol connectors.
The cables (and I'd assume the connectors on the box - won't know until I get my hands on it) appear to be futronics:

I asked about measurements for the connector cutouts (trying to find the equivalent Amphenol connectors so I could just buy them stateside), but I didn't get a useful response (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/custom-made-battery-box-for-eve-lf280k-cells.33814/post-489008)...
see here https://docs.rs-online.com/7d28/A700000007957493.pdf

3 pairs of parallel cables and 1 pair of inverter cables
You can also use 3 parallels pairs and 2 pair of inverter cables to a busbar to increase the Amp to you inverter. for example if you have a DEYE 8KW that can charge/discharge up to 240 A, it is better to use 2 pairs of inverter cable.

You can also use 3 parallels pairs and 2 pair of inverter cables to a busbar to increase the Amp to you inverter. for example if you have a DEYE 8KW that can charge/discharge up to 240 A, it is better to use 2 pairs of inverter cable.
Yeah, tbh I would have liked if these boxes used 3/0 cable instead of 1/0 but here we are, we can make this work :)

3 pairs of parallel cables and 1 pair of inverter cables
This short one is the parallel cable right? While the long one is the inverter cable, correct?

Edit : it sounds like I'm mixing them up. ?

Attachments

• mmexport1652922988395.jpg
    mmexport1652922988395.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
  • mmexport1652922983868.jpg
    mmexport1652922983868.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, I'm actually going to be using the Deye 12KW Single Phase Hybrid. I'm making payment for it tomorrow.

This short one is the parallel cable right? While the long one is the inverter cable, correct?

Edit : it sounds like I'm mixing them up. ?
That is right, the short one with both ends the same connect the stacked units together in parallel. the Inverter cables have battery connectors on one end and ring terminals on the other, to connect from the stack, to your inverter.

That's some thick cable at 50m2. joke aside, the cable I got from Midsummer is 50mm2 and was £15 plus vat and delivery. its exactly the same i am using a set right now on my Solis inverter.
that's a great price for 50mm2 cable, a 2M 50mm2 pair cables will cost you 2 x 2 x 15 = 60 + connectors prices >= 100

. I just give up doing my own cable, bcoz it still cost more. the same pairs of cable (with the connector) is 74 US $ only.

Yeah, I'm actually going to be using the Deye 12KW Single Phase Hybrid. I'm making payment for it tomorrow.
For a 12kw inverter I would absolutely run the batteries individually to a busbar and from the busbar to the inverter. I definitely would not parallel them, they are not designed for that load.

so use 2 pairs of cables to be safe, or better to use a busbare connect to each of them. victron has a cheaper version of their lynx power distribution rated for 600A .

That is right, the short one with both ends the same connect the stacked units together in parallel. the Inverter cables have battery connectors on one end and ring terminals on the other, to connect from the stack, to your inverter.
If i decide to use busbars and do something like this. Does that mean I won't be using any parallel cables at all. Instead, more inverter cables? (longer it seems). Sorry for many questions, I'm a newbie. Just learning along the way

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-223313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-223313_Gallery.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 22
If i decide to use busbars and do something like this. Does that mean I won't be using any parallel cables at all. Instead, more inverter cables? (longer it seems). Sorry for many questions, I'm a newbie. Just learning along the way
they have the power cable in different size, but yes, you connect each battery to a bus bar with a power cable. and the inverter to the busbar with cable with copper lugs at each side. so you need 4 power cable with the same exact size. (make sure they are long enough to connect to the busbar) and 1 cable to connect the busbar to the inverter. don't forget you need breaker/fuse .

I ordered four of these cases from Adam/Seplos with the 200amp BMS, two for myself and two for friends of mine, considering I have had very good dealings with their BMS's over the last few years I was fairly happy to do the deal. Prior to the deal I asked if they were in stock and ready to ship, yes was the answer from Adam, so I paid for air freight door to door 7 days which was hugely expensive but they were time critical for my friends builds and fitted their needs perfectly. Roll on a month later still not shipped, then I was informed they didn't have the 200 amp bms so would send the 150amp version instead, chased again on the 10th May and apparently now shipped but don't have a tracking number still... Now I have been told they have shipped them but without the BMS at all as they have run out and not expected until the end of May. To add on top, at the start of March I purchased another 5x 200 amp BMS units on DDP which again they didn't pay the duty ( which I had to pay again) on despite that being the deal and to top it off, three of them were totally dead out of the box. I have been a fairly avid promoter of Seplos but I'm kind of loosing my faith in them now.
they don't know how to process DDP with VAT. so basically I paid 50 $ for shipping 2 BMS and duty except VAT. Then after getting them, I paid around 25 € VAT for each BMS. For me that's OK. I hope you going to have replacement for your BMS quicly.

Last edited:
You need two busbars, a positive and a negative. From your inverter I would probably run 4/0 gauge cable to each busbar - you can buy these with ring terminals already on them from any solar shop here. then from positive busbar to the positive on each battery (4 inverter cables at the 55mm2 size that seplos supplies), and same for negative busbar.

So altogether
2 x 4/0 cables (inverter positive -> positive busbar, inverter negative -> negative busbar), M10 or 3/8" ring terminals on each end
4 x black inverter cable (battery negative -> negative busbar)
4 x red inverter cable (battery positive -> positive busbar)

You need two busbars, a positive and a negative. From your inverter I would probably run 4/0 gauge cable to each busbar - you can buy these with ring terminals already on them from any solar shop here. then from positive busbar to the positive on each battery (4 inverter cables at the 55mm2 size that seplos supplies), and same for negative busbar.

So altogether
2 x 4/0 cables (inverter positive -> positive busbar, inverter negative -> negative busbar), M10 or 3/8" ring terminals on each end
4 x black inverter cable (battery negative -> negative busbar)
4 x red inverter cable (battery positive -> positive busbar)
seplos cable are sale in pair. the price is for a pair. :)

Back