diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

I have an elctric wheelchair with lift ?
Can anyone tell me if you can use these vertical stood on their end agaist the wall and secured in place with the control panel and cables to the top? Mine also has the EVE LF280K cells

Attachments

• 7BE6F2BF-E2FA-45E1-B05F-C7460BA7BE64.jpeg
    7BE6F2BF-E2FA-45E1-B05F-C7460BA7BE64.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 8D54212D-A9DD-4714-9738-1214BD8FDAC2.jpeg
    8D54212D-A9DD-4714-9738-1214BD8FDAC2.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 46
I have an elctric wheelchair with lift ?
Can anyone tell me if you can use these vertical stood on their end agaist the wall and secured in place with the control panel and cables to the top? Mine also has the EVE LF280K cells
nice ingenuity!

my guess is that they were not designed to be placed vertically.

nice ingenuity!

my guess is that they were not designed to be placed vertically.
I’ve now emailed EVE for clarity
Please can you tell me if the EVE LF280K cell can be mounted their side.
I am building a 16-cell battery with two rows of 8-cells and would like to mount the battery box on it’sh side.
Please can you confirm if this configuration would be acceptable?
Thank you

1656618854287.png1656618854579.png1656618854873.png

My comment was more about the case than the cells. I'm not sure the case has been structurally designed to support on its side.

EVE specifically states that they recommend the cells being upright, though many still store them on their sides.

My comment was more about the case than the cells. I'm not sure the case has been structurally designed to support on its side.

EVE specifically states that they recommend the cells being upright, though many still store them on their sides.
The Seplos box is built like a battleship and is extremely strong. I, as an engineer, see no reason at all why the SEPLOS box can not be mounted on its side, in fact, the box has more structural integrity to the sides, than the top and bottom, as long as it is secured sufficiently to avoid it tipping over.
Please could you point me to where EVE specifically says or recommend that the cells should be used upright please, as I have done a lot of googling and searching of the EVE SP280K spec sheet and website, and have not found any specific recommendation, hence the reason I have asked them directly?

The Seplos box is built like a battleship and is extremely strong. I, as an engineer, see no reason at all why the SEPLOS box can not be mounted on its side, in fact, the box has more structural integrity to the sides, than the top and bottom, as long as it is secured sufficiently to avoid it tipping over.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I'm just saying I don't know if that's how it was designed. The folks who designed it are in this thread and I'm sure will chime in.

You might be right on the EVE batteries. I thought it was in the spec sheet but I can't find it now that I look. Curious to hear what they say back to you.

There's a post somewhere with diagrams that shows the orientation the EVE cells can be in. Some are ok, others are not. try searching the forums for that post!

There might be an issue with electrolyte when the cells are not upright. Can not find the post on this forum, but BYD Blade cells especially had to be oriented in certain way because of electrolyte issues. Then again, blade has terminals on opposite sides, so if one of them is on bottom, it could suffer from some kind of particle buildup.

Last edited:
So the answer from…
EVE is no
SEPLOS is Yes
??‍♂️??‍♂️?
I’ll go with EVE then and thats a NO!
Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.06.22.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.07.14.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.04.38.png

They do have a presence, there is a link on their website, but you get a much quicker responce through live chat via Alibaba.

Attachments

• 5F3D56A9-6001-4DAF-B2D8-9B7745594015.jpeg
    5F3D56A9-6001-4DAF-B2D8-9B7745594015.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Props Sergea. I've been back and forth for a week unable to decide whether to buy raw cells and DIY it or just buy rack mounted batteries. The only thing putting me off the EVE cells was the lack of something professional to stick them in. Problem solved. Thanks!

I've just asked for a price for 2 shipped to the UK. Only need one currently, but I figure it make sense to double up now, should the need arise for another down the line I can just order more cells. First time using Alibaba, just hoping I don't get shafted with shipping and taxes now being in England.

Quick question. I suspect I know the answer, but for peace of mind before I sink 2k+ are there any reasons other than needing alternative busbars that the Seplos Mason unit won't work with the new double terminals?

Last edited:
Sent an enquiry via Alibaba over 24 hours ago to someone named Allen which is still unread. This is my first time buying on Alibaba, perhaps I need to temper my expectations of customer service when dealing with Chinese sellers?

I'm itching to pull the trigger on some Luyan EVE cells, but don't want to do so until I know exactly how much the Mason boxes are going to cost shipped to the UK. Are there any recommended alternatives should I get no joy with Seplos?

Sent an enquiry via Alibaba over 24 hours ago to someone named Allen which is still unread. This is my first time buying on Alibaba, perhaps I need to temper my expectations of customer service when dealing with Chinese sellers?

I'm itching to pull the trigger on some Luyan EVE cells, but don't want to do so until I know exactly how much the Mason boxes are going to cost shipped to the UK. Are there any recommended alternatives should I get no joy with Seplos?
just email henry at seplos directly. he seems to give the best service for seplos.

Quick question. I suspect I know the answer, but for peace of mind before I sink 2k+ are there any reasons other than needing alternative busbars that the Seplos Mason unit won't work with the new double terminals?
The new terminals will be fine in the seplos case.

just email henry at seplos directly. he seems to give the best service for seplos.

Cheers I'll give that a go. Would you recommend dealing with them directly or paying through Alibaba?

Apologies for noobish questions. this is my first rodeo.

Cheers I'll give that a go. Would you recommend dealing with them directly or paying through Alibaba?

Apologies for noobish questions. this is my first rodeo.
They gave me a ton of options to pay, I just paid via paypal.

Back