diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Yea I would need like 11 of them.
Not sure it would be worth it at this point..
email them..
that is how is ask pricing anyway.
i'm sure if they can sell 11 at the same time they will work something out for you

email them..
that is how is ask pricing anyway.
i'm sure if they can sell 11 at the same time they will work something out for you
I think I will just to see what can be done.

Would be nice to have everything enclosed, get rid of the buss bars and run everything via Canbus.

well in my case rs485, but agreed
The connecting cables to the + and - terminals.

I have seen the SOK seemed to have similar terminals but where do you get the cable?

Are they shipped with the kits?

I didn’t see it on the website???

I have seen the SOK seemed to have similar terminals but where do you get the cable?

You can buy them from Seplos. I choose to do this rather than play detective and try to figure out who the terminal manufacturer is. I bought some parallel cables too while I was at it. I don't need them currently but figure prices will only go up so I may as well.

The cables cost me -:

Parallel Cables (30cm) $40
Battery Cables (2m) $65

Again I suspect I could have gotten them cheaper had I haggled, but I'm too polite. :)

i ordered them with my cases.
didnt want to mess find connectors that"maybe" fit

You can buy them from Seplos. I choose to do this rather than play detective and try to figure out who the terminal manufacturer is. I bought some parallel cables too while I was at it. I don't need them currently but figure prices will only go up so I may as well.

The cables cost me -:

Battery Cables (2m) $65

Again I suspect I could have gotten them cheaper had I haggled, but I'm too polite. :)
No , you can't get them cheaper, and building them yourself costs more.

The cables cost me -:

Battery Cables (2m) $65

In wasn’t notified of this reply. I just came back here to check the thread and saw this, so sorry didn’t reply earlier.

Thanks for the info.

I appreciate it..

They just quoted me with Shipping @ $7,200 for 11 so like $662 a piece.
That doesn’t even include the cables.

Not sure it’s worth that.
It's well worth that to me to not have my cells sitting out in the open on some shelves or shoved into a Walmart plastic tote

It's well worth that to me to not have my cells sitting out in the open on some shelves or shoved into a Walmart plastic tote
They have worked for almost 18 months as is within a building on an industrial shelf.

Making them pretty doesn’t really gain me anything.

It’s not like they are sitting in the yard with people throwing stuff at them.

$8000 is a lot just to make them look nice.

They have worked for almost 18 months as is within a building on an industrial shelf.

Making them pretty doesn’t really gain me anything.

It’s not like they are sitting in the yard with people throwing stuff at them.

$8000 is a lot just to make them look nice.

All in with cables it cost me around £700 to ship one to the UK. That's about $850, so looks like a similar quote to yourself. I know some people did get them cheaper, but that seems to be before all the prices went mental globally.

Shipping is the killer though, when you take that out of the equation it's actually quite a good deal IMO. Especially if you already have the cells. And if not you stand a better chance of getting quality cells if you buy them yourself separately, as @Off-Grid-Garage has just found out the hard way.

The decision to go down the Seplos route would have been a lot more difficult if EG4 shipped to the UK though.

All in with cables it cost me around £700 to ship one to the UK. That's about $850, so looks like a similar quote to yourself. I know some people did get them cheaper, but that seems to be before all the prices went mental globally.

Shipping is the killer though, when you take that out of the equation it's actually quite a good deal IMO. Especially if you already have the cells. And if not you stand a better chance of getting quality cells if you buy them yourself separately, as @Off-Grid-Garage has just found out the hard way.

The decision to go down the Seplos route would have been a lot more difficult if EG4 shipped to the UK though.
You take that cost then i have to add the cables so I’m around $8,000.

The batteries I have (176 cells) are already on a shelf and have been working for some time now.

I was just thinking I could eliminate some points of failure and clean it up a bit and get some Canbus information but that’s a pretty steep price for pretty…

I’ll have to think on it a while..

I have heard recently several issue with the EG4 batteries on here so I would check around..

Last edited:
You take that cost then i have to add the cables so I’m around $8,000.

The batteries I have (176 cells) are already on a shelf and have been working for some time now.

I was just thinking I could eliminate some points of failure and clean it up a bit and get some Canbus information but that’s a pretty steep price for pretty…

I’ll have to think on it a while..

I have heard recently several issue with the EG4 batteries on here so I would check around..
i was about to.order 4 more, but wow i think i'll.just wait a bit for things to cool off

i was about to.order 4 more, but wow i think i'll.just wait a bit for things to cool off
It’s was 500 for each unit but with shipping it was $662 and adding cables its like $727 each.

If it was $500 each for everything including cables, I would probably do it.

This was an interesting watch.

also a setup to fail imho, as i said under the video
deliberately bringing cell out of balance, then complaining the passive balancer cant keep up isn't testing but setting up to fail.
add to that, these bms'es communicate with inverters for a reason, they tell the inverters to lower the charging amps when at the top of the curve, therefore lessening the need for active balancing.

the pc software is something you need to get used to, i'll give him that.
then again, in all normal situations it's needed once, then for monitoring your inverter monitoring should be telling you everything you need to know through comms

again my ( sometimes not so humble ) opinion

Last edited:
They just quoted me with Shipping @ $7,200 for 11 so like $662 a piece.
That doesn’t even include the cables.

Not sure it’s worth that.
Man, like why even post this? Like ok, you've made a value judgment and you feel it's not worth it to you. That's cool, just move on. We dont really need to derail this thread with this.

Back