diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Just a note, pretty much every screw that is in place when you receive it, you discard. You should be using the supplied screws for everything.
The only place you keep the screws that are installed when you get the box is on the bms itself, where you connect the flexible busbars.

Every other screw you remove has a replacement supplied.

Just FYI - The screws which are rusty - you just discard, they are only temporary to hold the covers on for shipping. When you install the covers properly there is a bag of black hex driven screws you use.

I also gave them the same feedback about securing the busbars better because mine were loose in one of the cases.
The kits come as parts. You need to assemble everything. I agree plastic bags may get ripped in shipping, so they should include a seperate small box for the components, and wrap things a bit better.

The kits come as parts. You need to assemble everything.
Yeah, the point was that I was trying to make, was that it is unclear from the provided directions/documentation that the screws that are holding things in place for shipment, are temporary and should be discarded.

Update - Still waiting for my equipment. Received UPS tracking numbers a couple weeks ago but nothing has been scanned yet. I was also forced to open a Alibaba case as the order would be auto accepted. Was asked to close it but until I have confirmed tracking I don't feed comfortable doing that.

Update - Still waiting for my equipment. Received UPS tracking numbers a couple weeks ago but nothing has been scanned yet. I was also forced to open a Alibaba case as the order would be auto accepted. Was asked to close it but until I have confirmed tracking I don't feed comfortable doing that.
Was told a boat would arrive this week and my cases will be delivered on the 25th of May. The shipping labels are not active, and won't be until the US shipper has them on hand. I assume we are literally in the same boat.

Was told a boat would arrive this week and my cases will be delivered on the 25th of May. The shipping labels are not active, and won't be until the US shipper has them on hand. I assume we are literally in the same boat.
When did you place your order?

When did you place your order?
First of March. Was told it would be airfreight (paid for it and alibaba order shows express air freight). Only told recently the reason it is taking months is because they stuck them on a boat.

First of March. Was told it would be airfreight (paid for it and alibaba order shows express air freight). Only told recently the reason it is taking months is because they stuck them on a boat.
Are you getting refunded the difference?

Are you getting refunded the difference?
Have asked for a refund and can't get a direct answer. Last best offer from seplos was we'll make it up to you on your next order. I did get two alibaba coupons for $50 because they did not ship on time.

FYI, regarding the two that I bought from Adam - I have been communicating with the freight forwarder. The ship they are supposed to be on VOLANS (IMO: 9430777, MMSI 636019717) is apparently in LA. Forwarder say it will be about 10 days for them to get unloaded/shipped by local agent.

Timeline:
Got proforma invoice on March 1, 2022. Two box kits w/o BMS shipped to Tennessee = $830
Paid it immediately.
Got UPS shipping label April 6, 2022.
Directly contacted Huin Global (got that name from UPS tracking site)
Been communicating with them since April 22, 2022
Was in Customs Inspection on April 8, 2022
CBP Hold removed April 23, 2022
Ship departed Yantian April 27, 2022
Arrived LA May 12, 2022
Waiting....

I'm sure this timeline was affected by their lockdown.

Back