diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

FYI, regarding the two that I bought from Adam - I have been communicating with the freight forwarder. The ship they are supposed to be on VOLANS (IMO: 9430777, MMSI 636019717) is apparently in LA. Forwarder say it will be about 10 days for them to get unloaded/shipped by local agent.

Timeline:
Got proforma invoice on March 1, 2022. Two box kits w/o BMS shipped to Tennessee = $830
Paid it immediately.
Got UPS shipping label April 6, 2022.
Directly contacted Huin Global (got that name from UPS tracking site)
Been communicating with them since April 22, 2022
Was in Customs Inspection on April 8, 2022
CBP Hold removed April 23, 2022
Ship departed Yantian April 27, 2022
Arrived LA May 12, 2022
Waiting....

I'm sure this timeline was affected by their lockdown.
They shared with me a tracking number for what I presume is the boat the shipment is on, so that's helpful. I'm sympathetic to their lockdowns and at the same time I don't want to lose my ability for recourse if there is an issue with my order. Feeling a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place, if Alibaba would just let me extend another 2-weeks I would be fine with that.

Tracking info I was sent:
HELUE0084196504YQ

They shared with me a tracking number for what I presume is the boat the shipment is on, so that's helpful. I'm sympathetic to their lockdowns and at the same time I don't want to lose my ability for recourse if there is an issue with my order. Feeling a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place, if Alibaba would just let me extend another 2-weeks I would be fine with that.

Tracking info I was sent:
HELUE0084196504YQ
Number: HELUE0084196504YQ
Package status: In transit
Destination:

Origin:
2022-05-01 09:39 IN TRANSIT, ETA : MAY 25,2022
2022-05-01 09:39 HONG KONG, Departured
2022-04-30 13:38 HONG KONG, Sailing schedule delayed .Updated ETD: MAY 1, 2022
2022-04-30 11:58 Hong Kong, Estimated time of departure 2-MAY-2022/ Estimated time of arrival 25-MAY-2022
2022-04-28 17:29 SHENZHEN, Shipment departed from facility
2022-04-21 20:01 SHENZHEN, Shipment arrived at facility
2022-04-21 19:58 Shipment information received
2022-04-21 09:10 发件人已创建标签,但是 UPS 尚未收到包裹。
======================================
Powered by www.17track.net

Today we opened the 5 boxes to check for the cables (3 installations, 2 with 2 boxes and 1 with one) and the flying busbars ;)

"Today we opened all packages. All 5 boxes have open, lose parts flying around, the busbars are everywhere. So damage is maybe on the PCB, an electrical test will need time. BECAUSE the cables are not long enough. We ordered 150cm long cables (we need 3 pair of red/black). 2 red are 100cm, one red is 170cm. 2 black are 100cm and 1 black is 130cm. So 5 are too short and one is too long, it should match the red one. So we can start inserting the cells, but we cannot connect to the inverters."

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_130752.jpg
    IMG_20220515_130752.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220515_131619.jpg
    IMG_20220515_131619.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20220515_132153.jpg
    IMG_20220515_132153.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20220515_132939.jpg
    IMG_20220515_132939.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 63
lose parts flying around, the busbars are everywhere
I had the same concerns, but upon reflection, these cases are quite heavy, it seems unlikely that things would have been flung about/moved in such a way as to cause high-force/problematic impacts with the BMS. One other factor - the busbars are aluminium and are incredibly light.

Having said that, the ship my batteries are on was delayed - so I dont have them yet to find out one way or the other. I can only hope that everything is fine, and that Seplos will make it right if there are any issues :)

I ordered four of these cases from Adam/Seplos with the 200amp BMS, two for myself and two for friends of mine, considering I have had very good dealings with their BMS's over the last few years I was fairly happy to do the deal. Prior to the deal I asked if they were in stock and ready to ship, yes was the answer from Adam, so I paid for air freight door to door 7 days which was hugely expensive but they were time critical for my friends builds and fitted their needs perfectly. Roll on a month later still not shipped, then I was informed they didn't have the 200 amp bms so would send the 150amp version instead, chased again on the 10th May and apparently now shipped but don't have a tracking number still... Now I have been told they have shipped them but without the BMS at all as they have run out and not expected until the end of May. To add on top, at the start of March I purchased another 5x 200 amp BMS units on DDP which again they didn't pay the duty ( which I had to pay again) on despite that being the deal and to top it off, three of them were totally dead out of the box. I have been a fairly avid promoter of Seplos but I'm kind of loosing my faith in them now.

Guys, I'll like to know, did you guys receive this Power Cable (2m) and Parallel Cable (50mm) with your Boxes?
Seplos is asking me to pay an extra $71 and $51 respectively for the power cable and parallel cable??

Attachments

• mmexport1652922988395.jpg
    mmexport1652922988395.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 10
  • mmexport1652922983868.jpg
    mmexport1652922983868.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 10
Guys, I'll like to know, did you guys receive this Power Cable (2m) and Parallel Cable (50mm) with your Boxes?
Seplos is asking me to pay an extra $71 and $51 respectively for the power cable and parallel cable??
That is correct, these are not included with the case.

I opted not to take those as they seemed way over priced, here in the uk you can buy the complete set, the 2m and the small interconnects for £28 / $40 they are basically the pylontech cable set.

If I'm stacking 4 Mason Boxes, can I use the 25mm2 cable or I should only use the 50mm2?

Secondly Is it advisable to go straight from battery box to busbar instead of parallel the battery boxes to each. Someone told me he doesn't think I should parallel my battery boxes with the parallel cables - rather go straight from battery box to busbar with the power cables

If I'm stacking 4 Mason Boxes, can I use the 25mm2 cable or I should only use the 50mm2?
I would always use the 50mm2 cable.
Secondly Is it advisable to go straight from battery box to busbar instead of parallel the battery boxes to each.
Going to busbars is technically better but depending on your use case it may not matter that much. If you choose not to use busbars make sure you bring the positive in to one end of the stack (top) and the negative from the bottom of the stack, this will be *almost* as good as busbars if you aren't drawing wild amounts of current.

This is quite standard, I posted a pdf with specification in this thread and someone posted the link to the original terminal vendor where you can get the exact specs.
Hallo, I did not find the PDF File, can you send me the link please?

This is quite standard, I posted a pdf with specification in this thread and someone posted the link to the original terminal vendor where you can get the exact specs. :)
Hallo, I did not find your PDF file, can you please sind me the link. Thank you

it has to be order separately, they are not included by default

I opted not to take those as they seemed way over priced, here in the uk you can buy the complete set, the 2m and the small interconnects for £28 / $40 they are basically the pylontech cable set.
No they are not the same, its 50m2 cable and connetor you going to have a hard time to competed with their prices

Secondly Is it advisable to go straight from battery box to busbar instead of parallel the battery boxes to each. Someone told me he doesn't think I should parallel my battery boxes with the parallel cables - rather go straight from battery box to busbar with the power cables
you can't use 25mm2 cable, they are not rated to push 200A, anyway the connector are for 50mm2 cables. if you do not plan to use more than one stack of 4 box, you can parallelle them. however you get more flexibility if you connect each of them to a busebar with a breaker/fuse.

No they are not the same, its 50m2 cable and connetor you going to have a hard time to competed with their prices
That's some thick cable at 50m2. joke aside, the cable I got from Midsummer is 50mm2 and was £15 plus vat and delivery. its exactly the same i am using a set right now on my Solis inverter.

Hallo, I did not find your PDF file, can you please sind me the link. Thank you
I think this is the post he is talking about:
(which has a link to a PDF that is about Amphenol connectors.
The cables (and I'd assume the connectors on the box - won't know until I get my hands on it) appear to be futronics:

I asked about measurements for the connector cutouts (trying to find the equivalent Amphenol connectors so I could just buy them stateside), but I didn't get a useful response (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/custom-made-battery-box-for-eve-lf280k-cells.33814/post-489008)...

Back