diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Can you please post some pictures? How is the fit and finish? Information from the thread is a roller coaster lol
just receive 2 cases from seplos, and one from Amy . 4 cells missing :-(. There are many picture on the thread already ;-)

Can you please post some pictures? How is the fit and finish? Information from the thread is a roller coaster lol
I previously posted some pictures, is there something you wanted to see in more detail? Here's a progress pic as I was assembling them one by one:
1653908374935.png

Overall I would say the fit and finish is "good". There were some super minor imperfections on my cases:
- some of the printing on the front panel of one of the cases is poor
- on one of the cases, one corner of the top cover was very slightly bent (was probably dropped, then straightened)
- on one case, one of the negative power terminals had one threaded hole missing the backing threads - only three screws to secure it.

I am happy with what I got for the price paid. I would be less happy if I was one of the poor folks here who paid for air freight and didn't yet get my cases (I seem to be one of the only people who successfully had theirs air freighted on time, food for thought!)

I just bought a set of (8) from Docan Power US warehouse for $149. They are currently out of stock but the boat is due this week. We will see if it gets here on schedule.

I received notice this morning that Docan Powers's new stock of 280K cells is in and has been shipped this morning. I should receive them this Friday.
Their website is showing them in stock at the US warehouse.

I received notice this morning that Docan Powers's new stock of 280K cells is in and has been shipped this morning. I should receive them this Friday.
Their website is showing them in stock at the US warehouse.
$149 each? Wow. That's high. I saw them for $109

$149 each? Wow. That's high. I saw them for $109
I also could have gotten them for $110 from the same company (Docan Power) but that is a shipment from China by boat and the expected delivery time is 2-3 months minimum. These are from their Houston warehouse with 2-3 day shipping to anywhere in the US included in the price.
If there are problems, you can get it resolved much quicker as well.

I also could have gotten them for $110 from the same company (Docan Power) but that is a shipment from China by boat and the expected delivery time is 2-3 months minimum. These are from their Houston warehouse with 2-3 day shipping to anywhere in the US included in the price.
If there are problems, you can get it resolved much quicker as well.
+1 for the Houston/US warehouse. I ordered 64 + another 32 for a friend and they all were sent out within a day and arrived 2 days later.

I am at 9 weeks waiting. Also paid for air freight. Was assured 2 weeks ago they would arrive on the 25th (today). The tracking numbers still do not work, and no sign of the boxes.

I spent a few days going over the wires, and terminals with adam. He never would confirm the connection type used on the box itself. I insisted I would like to purchase the end connectors, to make my own wires. No go on getting ends for homemade wires.
I believe this is the connector if you want to crimp your own: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/654-SLPPB50BSO

I will confirm if/when I receive my boxes. Ordered March 23rd and still waiting.

+1 for the Houston/US warehouse. I ordered 64 + another 32 for a friend and they all were sent out within a day and arrived 2 days later.
For me, it was worth the extra cast to get quick delivery from a known vender with a good reputation of delivering quality without hassle.

3-months later and I finally got a scan on my UPS label ? - expecting to have had the flying bus bars like most others reported, I'll report back on my shipment when they arrive (scheduled for tuesday).

Very interested in this but I'm seeing a lot about connectors and stuff thats over my head. I'm a newbie building my own 48V system.
This looks like just what I would need, and doesn't cost too much more than me building it myself (and I'm sure this is a lot cleaner).
any advise? I have 16 EVE280AH cells.
what the key to getting your stuff to match up to theirs?

If your eve cells are LF280K cells, you can get a diy 280 kit from seplos, be sure to select CAN or RS485 interface for the bms depending of your inverter. be sure to order cable too, don't try to make it yourself it would cost you more and it's a bad idea to use different male/female connector brand.

Whats the pricing on the Seplos MASON-280 DIY battery case kit?

I got a quote for 3 cases @ $500/ea and $450 for sea shipping to US, almost $2000 altogether.. seems quite high..

Saw some other post at 4 cases with shipping for $1500 or was that freight only?

Everything arrived earlier this week. And as excited as I am I have to say the packing/shipping is deplorable. One of my boxes had damage on it the case (see photos). Everything seems as if it was thrown on the inside and was flying around. It was a bit of a mess to clean up and organize.

All of that said, I put one of my boxes together with my cells and it went well. Impressed with the quality overall and happy to finially have these.

I opted to use the tinned copper busbars that came with my Eve batteries. Aluminum tends to oxidize and I wasn't interested in sanding them before putting them on. You can watch videos testing aluminum vs tinned copper on the Off-Grid Garage. I'll also be using my own BMS (Batrium) and will be modifying the front of the case to properly fit those and programming my own display. I'll post some photos/updates when I get to that, but it won't be until end of August.

The front of the case uses Futronics connectors, not amphenol, though they look almost identical. I can't seem to find a re-saler for Futronics so I will need to figure someone else out for connecting to my batteries. I really wish Seplos didn't make you buy their own wires as I prefer to cut and crimp my own so they are the exact length that I need.

All in all I'm pleased with the cases, but still hold a strong critique that Seplos/Adam's communication is pretty garbage along with who ever packed these for shipping. If you're fine with waiting up to 80 days for your cases then I'd recommend them.

Attachments

• PXL_20220614_193736004.jpeg
    PXL_20220614_193736004.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20220614_193759127.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220614_193759127.MP.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20220614_193743332.jpeg
    PXL_20220614_193743332.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 54
Everything arrived earlier this week. And as excited as I am I have to say the packing/shipping is deplorable. One of my boxes had damage on it the case (see photos). Everything seems as if it was thrown on the inside and was flying around. It was a bit of a mess to clean up and organize.

All of that said, I put one of my boxes together with my cells and it went well. Impressed with the quality overall and happy to finially have these.

I opted to use the tinned copper busbars that came with my Eve batteries. Aluminum tends to oxidize and I wasn't interested in sanding them before putting them on. You can watch videos testing aluminum vs tinned copper on the Off-Grid Garage. I'll also be using my own BMS (Batrium) and will be modifying the front of the case to properly fit those and programming my own display. I'll post some photos/updates when I get to that, but it won't be until end of August.

The front of the case uses Futronics connectors, not amphenol, though they look almost identical. I can't seem to find a re-saler for Futronics so I will need to figure someone else out for connecting to my batteries. I really wish Seplos didn't make you buy their own wires as I prefer to cut and crimp my own so they are the exact length that I need.

All in all I'm pleased with the cases, but still hold a strong critique that Seplos/Adam's communication is pretty garbage along with who ever packed these for shipping. If you're fine with waiting up to 80 days for your cases then I'd recommend them.
I has the same damage

Attachments

• 20220613_223435.jpg
    20220613_223435.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220613_223442.jpg
    20220613_223442.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 45
Back