diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Everything arrived earlier this week. And as excited as I am I have to say the packing/shipping is deplorable. One of my boxes had damage on it the case (see photos). Everything seems as if it was thrown on the inside and was flying around. It was a bit of a mess to clean up and organize.

All of that said, I put one of my boxes together with my cells and it went well. Impressed with the quality overall and happy to finially have these.

I opted to use the tinned copper busbars that came with my Eve batteries. Aluminum tends to oxidize and I wasn't interested in sanding them before putting them on. You can watch videos testing aluminum vs tinned copper on the Off-Grid Garage. I'll also be using my own BMS (Batrium) and will be modifying the front of the case to properly fit those and programming my own display. I'll post some photos/updates when I get to that, but it won't be until end of August.

The front of the case uses Futronics connectors, not amphenol, though they look almost identical. I can't seem to find a re-saler for Futronics so I will need to figure someone else out for connecting to my batteries. I really wish Seplos didn't make you buy their own wires as I prefer to cut and crimp my own so they are the exact length that I need.

All in all I'm pleased with the cases, but still hold a strong critique that Seplos/Adam's communication is pretty garbage along with who ever packed these for shipping. If you're fine with waiting up to 80 days for your cases then I'd recommend them.

The packaging really needs improvement it's too weak for a box of this size and weight, I'm sure you've reported to them with a picture, I'll do my best for them to change the packaging. For those who need the connector, they are usually very expensive (16 - 20$ each), I may ask them to add it to their product list or to provide it if someone asks for it. however for most people unless you already have wire, it less expensive to get the ready made cable. You can have the cable at any size you wish.

BTW A new box format for 185Ah blade style cell is coming. The thing is EVE,CATL, and CALB probably don't have this type of cell on the market. :-( .

Everything arrived earlier this week. And as excited as I am I have to say the packing/shipping is deplorable. One of my boxes had damage on it the case (see photos). Everything seems as if it was thrown on the inside and was flying around. It was a bit of a mess to clean up and organize.

All of that said, I put one of my boxes together with my cells and it went well. Impressed with the quality overall and happy to finially have these.

I opted to use the tinned copper busbars that came with my Eve batteries. Aluminum tends to oxidize and I wasn't interested in sanding them before putting them on. You can watch videos testing aluminum vs tinned copper on the Off-Grid Garage. I'll also be using my own BMS (Batrium) and will be modifying the front of the case to properly fit those and programming my own display. I'll post some photos/updates when I get to that, but it won't be until end of August.

The front of the case uses Futronics connectors, not amphenol, though they look almost identical. I can't seem to find a re-saler for Futronics so I will need to figure someone else out for connecting to my batteries. I really wish Seplos didn't make you buy their own wires as I prefer to cut and crimp my own so they are the exact length that I need.

All in all I'm pleased with the cases, but still hold a strong critique that Seplos/Adam's communication is pretty garbage along with who ever packed these for shipping. If you're fine with waiting up to 80 days for your cases then I'd recommend them.
same exact complaints.

Opened the boxes and the corners are bent. I have 2 broken fuses, and many missing parts. I found most of the missing screws I need at the local store. One box did not have the two long bottom yellow insulator pieces. Another box is missing the small black rubber buttons for the screen controls. One of the PCB boards had a wire ripped off. I will try to re solder it. The packaging is not sufficient to arrive without the noted damage, and quality control needs to improve (especially regarding the missing parts).

I had difficulty getting the small black screws that hold the handles threaded in place. The screw holes are full of black powder coat paint, and several of the small hex screws stripped out, and are now sticking out not fully in place.

I hope you guys are reporting all these issues to them. They should see this thread and make urgent improvements

I hope you guys are reporting all these issues to them. They should see this thread and make urgent improvements
I reported and I don't expect any sort of response from seplos/adam. I'm happy to have the cases (they are nice) though I wouldn't recommend anyone to deal with them going forward unless they get more support or someone else re-sells this version or another.

The packaging really needs improvement it's too weak for a box of this size and weight, I'm sure you've reported to them with a picture, I'll do my best for them to change the packaging. For those who need the connector, they are usually very expensive (16 - 20$ each), I may ask them to add it to their product list or to provide it if someone asks for it. however for most people unless you already have wire, it less expensive to get the ready made cable. You can have the cable at any size you wish.
if they just sold the connector that you could crimp on your own that would be great. I don't always know the exact size until everything is in place, especially with these boxes, so I can't say ahead of time.

if they just sold the connector that you could crimp on your own that would be great. I don't always know the exact size until everything is in place, especially with these boxes, so I can't say ahead of time.
Ok I see, makes sense.

Ok I see, makes sense.
Hi.
I wanted to know, this particular Mason Box Seplos is selling, were you the one who designed it or pitched it to them? Did you have any role in it's development? Just curious

Yep
Hi.
I wanted to know, this particular Mason Box Seplos is selling, were you the one who designed it or pitched it to them? Did you have any role in it's
All answers are in the thread. To make a long story short, Amy was supposed to make the box, after some delay, she said "why not just ask seplos to design the box". Then I asked Amy to send the cells to seplos, and I started the thread. I paid the design fee. I was pretty sure this box going to be successful in the DIY community, bcoz you only have to bring your eve cells.

Maybe I missed it in the video, but are there temperature sensors included in this one?
Couldn't find any mention of temp sensors on their website either.
Can someone who has received their order confirm?

Maybe I missed it in the video, but are there temperature sensors included in this one?
the bms included have 2 external temp sensors and one on the bms .
why is that important ?
these are meant for indoors use, and would be too heavy for mobile use

There are four temp sensors to the battery cells, and one on the BMS itself.

Back