diy solar

diy solar

Custom Shunt, combining Batrium + Victron Lynx

No I want to mount it like you did inside the enclosure. Given the holes don’t lineup I was thinking about just running a tap and making new holes to mount it.

Also can you please tell me where you got the connectors that you re-soldered. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. 93C2B589-F692-4E38-A814-6A4C509177A5.jpeg

No I want to mount it like you did inside the enclosure. Given the holes don’t lineup I was thinking about just running a tap and making new holes to mount it.

Also can you please tell me where you got the connectors that you re-soldered. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
Ah I gotcha, I thought about that as well but don't think it's a good idea. Main reason being that the placement of the connection points is very sensitive to get an accurate reading. During my testing I touched a wire to either side of the shunt, and drug it along to different points and the readings would change, as expected because there will be a different resistance at various points.

If you were to drill and tap a new hole there is a fairly likely chance it's not the correct spot and your readings will be off. You'll also be removing material which changes things as well. A lot of variables. Not impossible, but too precise and easy to mess up, and you can't just go buy another Lynx shunt really quick for cheap haha.

But this is just my opinion from my testing while trying to figure out the best way to do this.

The specific terminal blocks I used, which have the same pin pitch for a perfect match I got from Digi-Key, and are pretty inexpensive. I ordered two of each just in case I messed up. I didn't, but I only wanted to pay shipping one time haha.

Here are the links for my exact items:
Female header - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/phoenix-contact/1843606/349191
Male plug - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/phoenix-contact/1894655/2528056

So, what if I just connect the batrium using the wires on the points you used and just attach the shunt to the inside of the cover?

Back