diy solar

diy solar

Cyclen Li batteries?

PaulStafford

I want to upgrade the battery bank on my RV trailer (currently 3 x100AH Renogy AGM). I'd like at least 400, if not 500AH, as I boondock a lot.
I'm not really into building my own batteries from cells, although I"m willing if its clearly the best way. Seems like you need a lot of ancillary equipment to do the balancing etc. that I'd never use again

I'm looking at two vendors
1) Cyclenpo or cyclenbatt. The specs look great (500AH, good BMS functionality), but I'm VERY wary. Anyone have experience? Mr Google turns up no reviews at all. Also weird, you have to inquire to get a price.
2) Amperetime 400AH for $1800

It’s difficult if there are no reviews. There are many many rebadged products on the market. They tend to be pretty cost effective options.

I made my choice based on the retailer I was buying off. What’s their customer service reputation? How accessible are they to me? Are they going to have done their due diligence?

Buying in your own legislative region gives you the local customer protections

What ever battery you get make sure you do some stress testing asap to check it meets specs then at least you can take it back if it doesnt

I want to upgrade the battery bank on my RV trailer (currently 3 x100AH Renogy AGM). I'd like at least 400, if not 500AH, as I boondock a lot.
I'm not really into building my own batteries from cells, although I"m willing if its clearly the best way. Seems like you need a lot of ancillary equipment to do the balancing etc. that I'd never use again

1) Cyclenpo or cyclenbatt. The specs look great (500AH, good BMS functionality), but I'm VERY wary. Anyone have experience? Mr Google turns up no reviews at all. Also weird, you have to inquire to get a price.
I’m leery of any manufacturer that hasn’t been reviewed.

I assume you are on 12V, 400Ah.
The big three YouTubers have reviewed amperetime, Chins, and others. Amazon has direct ship free shipping on several versions…

I'm using 2 Cyclenpo 50Ah automotive starting batteries in my Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel. Been a couple of years so far so good, the low internal resistance of the LFP chemistry really spins up the starter motor. I have not used any of their deep cycle storage batteries which are different model numbers and most likely what you would need in your application.
I will add that they actually made me 2 custom batteries by reversing the + & - terminals so the existing cables in the truck would fit properly. The representative in China was very responsive to my questions.

thx for the feedback folks. I'm exchanging emails with Cyclenpo. Price $986, seems too good to be true... half the price, 2x the power of amperetime battery of similar size.
Amperetime reviews on Amazon are pretty good! Also, ships from USA.

Remember: Going from AGM to LiFePo4 gives greater depth of discharge. My 2 100ah SLA batteries gave me only about 100ah useable (50% discharge) where 2 100ah LiFePo4 allow about 160ah useable (80% discharge). 400ah LiFePo4 allows about 320ah useable. Much less battery needed for LiFePo4.

Back