diy solar

diy solar

Cylindrical cells 100AH

Do you think they are new?
As the cells are coming directly from the manufacturer, if they show small damages, they could be units not passing the quality control for big orders due to esthetical reasons.
Still they are consistent in capacity, so for me they can work, I will buy a couple of spares just in case.
for me not only the size matters also that they allow 3C < 30 seg for starting peaks

if Grade B = battered then yup that fits. i've considered contacting the vendor but may write it off as an exercise in futility and move along.
the dimensions of a 4-cell holder are in the pic below. the measurements include the unused interlocking nubs.

cell holder pair dimensions.png

i am inclined to believe they are new but "scratch and dent" quality. aside from the specific defects i have mentioned, overall the cells look fresh.

cell #4 just finished its capacity test. here is a summary of the results for my set of 100 Ah cells:

cell #1 = 99.34 Ah
cell #2 = 99.67 Ah (this is the "compressed" cell)
cell #3 = 100.6 Ah
cell #4 = 99.94 Ah

moving on to inspecting and capacity testing my shipment of eight 55Ah cells...

cell #4 just finished its capacity test. here is a summary of the results for my set of 100 Ah cells:

cell #1 = 99.34 Ah
cell #2 = 99.67 Ah (this is the "compressed" cell)
cell #3 = 100.6 Ah
cell #4 = 99.94 Ah

moving on to inspecting and capacity testing my shipment of eight 55Ah cells...
That looks really good to me :) Thanks for the testing.

I have a quote for around $2500 for 48 cells and all assembly hardware shipped DDP to northern California. I just thought I'd share that so folks have another data point. I have some outstanding questions awaiting answers. The reps have been responsive and have sent more information than I asked for (assembling suggestions, the spec sheet that has already been posted, and the quote statement). I still don't know what I want to do yet, but these are interesting cells.

I have a quote for around $2500 for 48 cells and all assembly hardware shipped DDP to northern California. I just thought I'd share that so folks have another data point. I have some outstanding questions awaiting answers. The reps have been responsive and have sent more information than I asked for (assembling suggestions, the spec sheet that has already been posted, and the quote statement). I still don't know what I want to do yet, but these are interesting cells.

Would you mind sharing the assembling instructions? Curious what they recommend.

Would you mind sharing the assembling instructions? Curious what they recommend.
I did say suggestions, because instructions might be a little overly generous, but here it is. I think it is also on their alibaba page. And the spec sheet again, just in case.

Attachments

• Module.jpg
    Module.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 33
  • F603200C-100Ah specification.pdf
    454.7 KB · Views: 21
For those interested, I have managed to capacity test 4 of my 55Ah cells. These are the green SAB60280 cells available from Battery Hookup. Charged at 15A/3.4V until the current dropped to almost nothing, discharged at 10A to 2.5V. Results as follows:

Cell #1 = 61.06Ah
Cell #2 = 60.87Ah
Cell #3 = 61.35Ah
Cell #4 = 60.45Ah

The cells are very nice cosmetically and only needed some old thread locking compound removed from the terminals and terminal nuts.

For those interested, I have managed to capacity test 4 of my 55Ah cells. These are the green SAB60280 cells available from Battery Hookup. Charged at 15A/3.4V until the current dropped to almost nothing, discharged at 10A to 2.5V. Results as follows:

Cell #1 = 61.06Ah
Cell #2 = 60.87Ah
Cell #3 = 61.35Ah
Cell #4 = 60.45Ah

The cells are very nice cosmetically and only needed some old thread locking compound removed from the terminals and terminal nuts.
How are you planning to connect the cells?

I meant how are you physically going to connect them? Did you buy the packs with the buss bars?
Yup, the cells came with holders and enough bus bars for 2P4S. I might 3D print my own holders and use flexible (wire) cell interconnections depending on how I decide to package everything.

Last edited:
Share your progress. I was thinking of buying these cells.
I have a lot of irons in the fire so you do not want to base your buying timeline on my project's progress. Do you have any specific questions you need answered or tests you'd like me to run with the cells?

I have a lot of irons in the fire.
I know the feeling. I was just looking for information on them is all. I'll keep an eye out. I'm still figuring out my solar system and was just looking for a battery bank. Thanks for the offer.

Ok, finally finished capacity testing all eight 55Ah cells. These are the green SAB60280 cells available from Battery Hookup. Charged at 15A/3.4V until the current dropped to almost nothing, discharged at 10A to 2.5V. Here's the performance summary:

59.57 Ah
60.45 Ah
60.80 Ah
60.87 Ah
61.06 Ah
61.35 Ah
61.39 Ah
61.76 Ah

Now on to making some useful things with these and the 100Ah cells that started this thread...

thank you licurious for sharing your test etc i personally appreciate and this made a good thread from a bad one but this one done in a professional manner
cheers

Back