diy solar

diy solar

Daily beep at 6AM PIP 1012 lv-ms

Snake

Every morning at 6 my unit beeps and cycles the fan. I can live the fan cycling but beep wakes me up. I'm newly retired and don't want to wake to an alarm anymore. Does anyone know how to turn that beep off? I can't find it in the manual or on these forums. Thanks

Honestly, I haven't gotten out of bed to check the time to the minute but is very close to 6 and it is very consistent. I will note the time in the morning. Thank you for reading my post!

So, the unit makes a beep, then cycles the fan.
can you describe the beeping.
Is is a short beep, momentarily, or does it make a constant tone, or a siren like beep beep beep?
I’m trying to get a sense for what it could be.
Possible a low battery alert? Possible the sun wakes it up at daybreak?

Every morning at 6 my unit beeps and cycles the fan. I can live the fan cycling but beep wakes me up. I'm newly retired and don't want to wake to an alarm anymore. Does anyone know how to turn that beep off? I can't find it in the manual or on these forums. Thanks
Unhook it for 12 hours, then it should beep at 6 pm. :cool:

Seriously, what time does it become daylight? Probably around 6 am at your location. Go to setting 18, turn it off. Then setting 22, make certain it is off.

18 is "alarm control" but in actual English, it means "beep on every button press." It's enabled by default and one should definitely disable it ASAP.

22 is "beeps when primary source is interrupted." What exactly does that mean?

18 is "alarm control" but in actual English, it means "beep on every button press." It's enabled by default and one should definitely disable it ASAP.

22 is "beeps when primary source is interrupted." What exactly does that mean?
That would depend upon setting #1. :cool:

In other words, what you have set the unit to for a primary source. You have 3 choices, Utility- shown as Uti (which is grid power), Solar-shown as SOL (when panels are producing takes priority, otherwise power off of battery) or Solar-Battery-Utility shown as Sbu which actually is solar and battery like SOL but if both those are insufficient, it will switch to Utility.

The reason for each setting is as follows:

Uti- solar system is used as a backup when grid power goes down. In this case, one might want to hear the alarm from setting #22 so a user could reduce load.

SOL- solar system is used to provide power during peak PV production with battery taking over- alarm would let a user know when solar PV power is non existent and might reduce load. Examples- off grid cabin, RV

Sbu- Solar power is used to provide power for load but also recharge battery. Battery bank may not have sufficient power to provide power thru the night, unit switches to grid power. Example- load reduction of grid power

So, the unit makes a beep, then cycles the fan.
can you describe the beeping.
Is is a short beep, momentarily, or does it make a constant tone, or a siren like beep beep beep?
I’m trying to get a sense for what it could be.
Possible a low battery alert? Possible the sun wakes it up at daybreak?
Yesterday 6:02 am est. This morning 5:57 am est. I have 2 100 ah lithiums fully charged. I was on shore power both days with the unit off. 1 short beep 1 fan cycle done.

18 and 22 are both off. I just cycles them on and back off again for good measure

Cloudy and rain. I don't think sunlight is the trigger. 18 and 22 are both off TV

Back