diy solar

diy solar

Dala's solar-powered workshop (+DIY powerwall coming)

Dala

So I thought that I'd make a thread about this, welcome to follow the journey!

So the first thing that is now ongoing, is a 7.2kW solar install, that will be feeding into a Fronius Symo Gen24 5.0kW inverter. I made a video on the installation, will make a follow up once we commission the system :)

Yesterday I got this picture from the energy provider, smart meter that can measure exported kWh is now installed in the main incoming electrical cabinet (for free!).
66nLDWr.png

And just as I was typing the last update, we got a summer-storm that caused some havoc. Here's what my energy providers outage map looks like, and it was way worse a few hours ago.

XU2a92U.png

So getting a powerwall going will be way more rewarding now! Funfact, the shop looses power 5-15 times per year due to storms.

Today is the day. The system is now up'n'running for the first time. I am mesmerized by all the settings and visualizations that the Fronius system comes with, so here's a screenshot of the dashboard.

ROj21Fm.png

Now to let it run and collect some data, and we can start on integrating batteries soon :)

Just jumped in here - can you give a precis of where you are up to now ? Do you have the Fronius Gen 24 now working with your LEAF pack(s) and/or the Tesla packs ? I would be very interested in doing this down under in OZ as we seem to get a few wrecked/written off Leafs and Tesla through some of our insurance companies popping up.

Craig

Back