diy solar

diy solar

Daly 16s 100A BMS Active Balance settings unchangeable

Mikeyfromoz

Hi,

I just installed a Daly 16s 100A BMS for a friend and connected it to her 16 x 3.2V LiFePo4 batteries.
I can change almost every setting through the app, except the Active Balance settings.
Balance current is stuck on "2", Battery strings (still wondering if that means how many batteries in series or how many in parallel, but either way, I can't change it from "2"... yes, I have the password).
In this screenshot, just out of sight is a something like "Charge Current" and that is set to -3000A... What the????
I have reset to default, and tried to change those settings, but nothing happens when I hit "Set" (you can see that I tried to change 2 to 16, but nope...! I tried changing it to 1, 4 and 16 actually)
Also, I can't turn on Active Balancing (because the settings are wrong).
In another screen, the BMS knows that there are 16 batteries connected to it in series.
I can get more screenshots next time that I go to her property, but for now, is there something that I should know about the settings?

Thanks,
Mikey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-17-13-58-18-974_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-17-13-58-18-974_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 50
Hi,

I just installed a Daly 16s 100A BMS for a friend and connected it to her 16 x 3.2V LiFePo4 batteries.
I can change almost every setting through the app, except the Active Balance settings.
Balance current is stuck on "2", Battery strings (still wondering if that means how many batteries in series or how many in parallel, but either way, I can't change it from "2"... yes, I have the password).
In this screenshot, just out of sight is a something like "Charge Current" and that is set to -3000A... What the????
I have reset to default, and tried to change those settings, but nothing happens when I hit "Set" (you can see that I tried to change 2 to 16, but nope...! I tried changing it to 1, 4 and 16 actually)
Also, I can't turn on Active Balancing (because the settings are wrong).
In another screen, the BMS knows that there are 16 batteries connected to it in series.
I can get more screenshots next time that I go to her property, but for now, is there something that I should know about the settings?

Thanks,
Mikey.
Did you ever get it figured out? I was able to set most of the parameters on my 16S 200 but NOT battery strings or balance current. I did figure out that the balance charge is automatically engaged when the batteries are charging and exceed the parameters for "Balanced open start volt" AND "balanced open diff volt".

Did you ever get it figured out? I was able to set most of the parameters on my 16S 200 but NOT battery strings or balance current. I did figure out that the balance charge is automatically engaged when the batteries are charging and exceed the parameters for "Balanced open start volt" AND "balanced open diff volt".
No, still the same :-(
I can't change it... Wjm1964 said above that we might have to buy an active balancer module :-(
Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

For the active balance settings you need an active balancer from Daly. Then you can connect your bt dongle (if you buy the balancer without) to the balancer and set that settings.
1679419358215.png

For the active balance settings you need an active balancer from Daly. Then you can connect your bt dongle (if you buy the balancer without) to the balancer and set that settings.
View attachment 140626
Awesome, thank you, very helpful :)
I can't see why the bms and/or app doesn't have this feature built in...., it is obviously required for an effective setup...! :(
Nothing makes sense in life these days...! :(

Back