diy solar

diy solar

Daly (?) 200a 12v 4s Smart BMS (with Bluetooth) from Ali...

Er, maybe read the sticky post labeled "Top Balancing 'How to'"?
I'm familiar with the methods will recommends in his videos. I also had a pro tell me the cells could be balanced by simply connecting them in parallel and letting them sit overnight, without being connected to a power supply. So that's what I figured I would do. I can check out that post again, but thanks either way for your input here. ?

I didn't have to short pins to wake mine up. Make sure balance leads are connected correctly and plug them in last (they supply power to the BMS). UART (universal asynchronous receiver transmitter) is the correct port for the Bluetooth adapter, I had mine connected when I plugged in the balance leads, that may or may not make a difference. On Android, look for "Smart BMS" by Daly, install, open it up and look for a random device name to connect to.

View attachment 35723

Hi Just John, you say balance leads supply power to the BMS. Then I have some question. My BMS is daly smart bms Li-FePO4 24s 500A. If I want to turn on this bms, should I connect all the balance leads from 1s to 24s? I think it use 12V power, so I tried connecting only 1s to 4s, but it didn't turn on.

I'm familiar with the methods will recommends in his videos. I also had a pro tell me the cells could be balanced by simply connecting them in parallel and letting them sit overnight, without being connected to a power supply. So that's what I figured I would do. I can check out that post again, but thanks either way for your input here. ?

Balancing is done my current, which is caused by cell voltage difference. There needs to be a current to equalize the cells. if they are very close, the current is very low. If you replace 'sit overnight' with 'sit for a few months' that might work...

By adding a charger there is more current flowing, and the cell with the lowest SOC will take the most of the charge, so they will equalize a lot faster.

Hi Just John, you say balance leads supply power to the BMS. Then I have some question. My BMS is daly smart bms Li-FePO4 24s 500A. If I want to turn on this bms, should I connect all the balance leads from 1s to 24s? I think it use 12V power, so I tried connecting only 1s to 4s, but it didn't turn on.
You should probably ask Daly. I am not sure that a 24 cell BMS will work with only 4 cells, and would be inclined to think it is unlikely it will. If you are going to use 12v, you should probably use a 12v BMS since Daly likes to hard code in things like that. Likely they have circuits to drop down and regulate the much higher voltages they are expecting from a 24 cell setup. That means it probably won't work with only 12v.

Yes, those were the first things I did too. And I thought to try 123456 too, and it worked. Thank you ?

For some reason it's letting me change various parameters but when I try to set a change on the 'sum volt high protect', it won't change it (from 14.6 to 14.5) no matter how many times I press the set button. Weird. But anyway, I'm very curious what the best advice is on the other parameters as well.
I think the sum volt high protect is just a total of the cell high volt protect setting. It changes with the cell setting. Maybe its a place holder for a future upgrade.

Hey everyone, I just posted a new thread with updates on my issues here:

Thanks for all the input!

Yes, those were the first things I did too. And I thought to try 123456 too, and it worked. Thank you ?

For some reason it's letting me change various parameters but when I try to set a change on the 'sum volt high protect', it won't change it (from 14.6 to 14.5) no matter how many times I press the set button. Weird. But anyway, I'm very curious what the best advice is on the other parameters as well.
The SUM Volt XXX Protect's are computed internally as n*Cell High/low values where n=number of cells. They cannot be set otherwise.

Back