diy solar

diy solar

Daly 200amp smart bma

Steplaid

Bought a 200amp Daly smart bms, after connecting all the wiring and got the app the device is not showing in app.
The BMS appears to be working as if I disconnect the temp sensor it shuts down and the reset function when short the B- and P- works.
Just not see the device in the app, is there something I'm missing? Need Help

For me, reseting the device via the small two pins at the right of the monitor connector did the job.

Good day Camdee
The only ports I have on the BMS are the 2 pin temp sensor and a non descrip. 3 pin beside it!
Nothing else.

I tried it still, no device found. I'm attaching a pic to show the only ports on the BMS IMG_20210322_224325__01.jpg

Bought a 200amp Daly smart bms, after connecting all the wiring and got the app the device is not showing in app.
The BMS appears to be working as if I disconnect the temp sensor it shuts down and the reset function when short the B- and P- works.
Just not see the device in the app, is there something I'm missing? Need Help
Turn on location on your phone and apply charge.

The pictured ports is all the ports on the BMS
What model do you have? If you want BT communication, usually it has a UART port where you plug in the BT module. I see you have a 3 pin port, this is usually for a monitor.

If you're trying to communicate using the app with a PC, then you use UART cable and corresponding port. You don't have a UART port, so you're not able to use the app thru a PC or BT.

At least, that's the way I understand it. Whenever you order a Daly BMS, you should know what you are buying. There are models that are dumb, the parameter setting is done at Daly and you tell them what you want beforehand. You could very well have a dumb BMS and you will be unable to communicate with it. These have their place, electric bikes for example. Manufacturer wants parameters set to a standard and receives the BMS from Daly programmed with what they want and simply installs it.

Thanks for your insight, it seems you maybe right about the dumb BMS idea. As this has nothing but the temp sensor and the 3 pin which doesn't say anything about monitor or the likes

Thanks for your insight, it seems you maybe right about the dumb BMS idea. As this has nothing but the temp sensor and the 3 pin which doesn't say anything about monitor or the likes
I don't know what is used for a monitor for the 3 pin, could be simply a light board type with 4 leds, no switch like the other light boards. But I have seen the 3 pin port labeled monitor before.

Did the buyer ask or did you specify how you wanted it setup? The reason I ask is if this is setup for Li-Ion, the parameters will be set wrong and low temp charge cutout could be default of -40C.

No questions were asked by the seller, I had very minimal expectations of it (bluetooth monitoring) so I guess I'll just chalk it up to a bad first buy

Hello

I have similar issue

I received this picture today from Daly for a 4s 12v 250amp bt

And this explanation

---- use a multimeter to short connect the first pin and third pin of light board port( count from Right side of the bms) ---

Did not function.

Does it help you??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-07-18-25-54-741_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-07-18-25-54-741_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2021-09-07-18-25-54-741_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-07-18-25-54-741_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210903_145600.jpg
    IMG_20210903_145600.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4