diy solar

diy solar

Daly 250A BMS

minimuk

hello all,

Currently I have a 12V LifePo (12c) battery pack, I was going to change the set up with a further 4 batteries to a 24V (16c)set-up, I have a 3000W low frequency 12V inverter. having bought a 250A daly 24V BMS already, can I use that one on my 12V set up?

thank you

Just confirming what I think you are saying here (your terminology is unusual): The Inverter requires 12V input, you will need to stay with a 12V configuration. Your current battery pack (if 12 cells) is 4s3p (4 series "strings" of 3 parallel cells). When you add 4 more battery cells, your new configuration can be 4s4p, using all 16 cells while still providing only "12v".

The "24V" BMS is made with at least 9 balance/sensing wires, I don't know whether it can come up while using only 5 of those wires. I think that it CAN, because I've heard of people using 16s "48V" BMS units in "36 Volt" battery packs - but let's hope for a confirming answer from another forum member.

Just confirming what I think you are saying here (your terminology is unusual): The Inverter requires 12V input, you will need to stay with a 12V configuration. Your current battery pack (if 12 cells) is 4s3p (4 series "strings" of 3 parallel cells). When you add 4 more battery cells, your new configuration can be 4s4p, using all 16 cells while still providing only "12v".

The "24V" BMS is made with at least 9 balance/sensing wires, I don't know whether it can come up while using only 5 of those wires. I think that it CAN, because I've heard of people using 16s "48V" BMS units in "36 Volt" battery packs - but let's hope for a confirming answer from another forum member.
thank you for your reply and putting my lingo in order, I agree 100% my terminology is far off or even 'unusual' but yes, current Battery pack is 4s3p and go for the latter 4s4p setup. the 24V BMS has indeed a 9 wires with pin connector an each end M/F. fingers crossed it has been done before and someone else can confirm this.

no further replies as yet....so will my 24V 250A BMS work on my 4s3p (soon to be 4s4p) 12V battery bank

Back