diy solar

diy solar

Daly 250amp BMS SOC problem any ideas?

bakepl

I have a Daly 12v 250 amp Bluetooth bms connected to 560amp 4s2p battery. Has been operating perfectly last 4 or 5 months with 3000watt inverter. It’s installed in an RV and has travelled many miles of very corrugated roads. Inverter was recently switched on to boil a kettle and bms switched everything off. Inverter did not trip. Checked the bms via Bluetooth and was able to do a reset and start up again. No fault recorded in bms app. Turned kettle on and tripped again but I did notice one cell (pair) dropping volts significantly. Checked battery and tightened all terminal nuts - low v cell was little loose and came back up to normal volts when terminal nut was tightened. Now can boil kettle. The issue is the battery cells are fully charged but the bms is showing 72% and I can’t seem to change this. (Separate Victron bmv shows 100%). I have logged into the bms to manually change SOC setting to show 100% however the only way at present is to downrate the battery to around 300amps, this then auto changes the bms SOC to 100%, 400 amp setting shows 81%. Any ideas how to fix the bms to show SOC back at 100%?

I have a Daly 12v 250 amp Bluetooth bms connected to 560amp 4s2p battery. Has been operating perfectly last 4 or 5 months with 3000watt inverter. It’s installed in an RV and has travelled many miles of very corrugated roads. Inverter was recently switched on to boil a kettle and bms switched everything off. Inverter did not trip. Checked the bms via Bluetooth and was able to do a reset and start up again. No fault recorded in bms app. Turned kettle on and tripped again but I did notice one cell (pair) dropping volts significantly. Checked battery and tightened all terminal nuts - low v cell was little loose and came back up to normal volts when terminal nut was tightened. Now can boil kettle. The issue is the battery cells are fully charged but the bms is showing 72% and I can’t seem to change this. (Separate Victron bmv shows 100%). I have logged into the bms to manually change SOC setting to show 100% however the only way at present is to downrate the battery to around 300amps, this then auto changes the bms SOC to 100%, 400 amp setting shows 81%. Any ideas how to fix the bms to show SOC back at 100%?

I don't know much about the Daly BMS and who to get it to sync SOC .... just wanted to note that if you only have 1 BMS with 8 cells in 12V configuration .... that would be 2P4S,
Pretty easy to mix those around, but for it's important when others read that the correct designation.

There are many on here using the Daly smart BMS, and I'm sure someone will check in with some answers.

I don't know much about Daly either, but its my guess that if you discharge the cells and then charge them back up, when it hits full charge and stops, the SOC will reset to 100%.

I have a Daly 12v 250 amp Bluetooth bms connected to 560amp 4s2p battery. Has been operating perfectly last 4 or 5 months with 3000watt inverter. It’s installed in an RV and has travelled many miles of very corrugated roads. Inverter was recently switched on to boil a kettle and bms switched everything off. Inverter did not trip. Checked the bms via Bluetooth and was able to do a reset and start up again. No fault recorded in bms app. Turned kettle on and tripped again but I did notice one cell (pair) dropping volts significantly. Checked battery and tightened all terminal nuts - low v cell was little loose and came back up to normal volts when terminal nut was tightened. Now can boil kettle. The issue is the battery cells are fully charged but the bms is showing 72% and I can’t seem to change this. (Separate Victron bmv shows 100%). I have logged into the bms to manually change SOC setting to show 100% however the only way at present is to downrate the battery to around 300amps, this then auto changes the bms SOC to 100%, 400 amp setting shows 81%. Any ideas how to fix the bms to show SOC back at 10
the same issue here first whit 272 4 cell he worked perfect and now with a 544 amp serie parallel batt he stays on 80 % and victron smart shunt shows 100% though that the problem after a few charging would solve it but its not the case

Daly sets soc to 0 or 100 when it triggers lvd and hvd.

Many of dalys firmwares are very unreliable at calculating soc some more than orher. Do not rely on daly soc calculatuon

Back