diy solar

diy solar

DALY 250amp smart BMS not logging low amp draw

S Davis

Solar Enthusiast
I found one post regarding this issue, I downloaded the sinowealth software and drivers to try and adjust the parameter called Dfittercurr but can’t get the connection to the computer to work, it says port open but will not read the battery and there is a spot left bottom corner of screen that flickers not responding real faintly.

I searched and read all day yesterday but no luck. I run a small compressor frig that draws around 3 amps and yesterday morning noticed it had no power, I checked and the BMS had tripped on low voltage at 12 volts with the SOC at 64%. I have two 280ah LifeP04 so I was going to try today and see if I can get the second BMS to cooperate. Is anybody able to get these 250 amp smart BMS to connect to their computer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

rather than using those common bluetooth-serial dongles I just use ftdi usb-serial port bridges and it connects just fine.
I recall using their software and it worked; it is called pcmaster.

rather than using those common bluetooth-serial dongles I just use ftdi usb-serial port bridges and it connects just fine.
I recall using their software and it worked; it is called pcmaster.
I was under the impression that the 12 volt versions don’t work with the pcmaster, that you have to use the sinowealth software.

Anyone know where to find the model number? I don’t see one on it anywhere.

Anyone know where to find the model number? I don’t see one on it anywhere.
Model number is on the status page on the bt app just below the temps.
Did you click on the 'scan all' in the sinowealth to read the battery?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-090628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211213-090628_Gallery.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20211213-090816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211213-090816_Gallery.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 8
Model number is on the status page on the bt app just below the temps.
Did you click on the 'scan all' in the sinowealth to read the battery?
Yes about a thousand times, everything looks like it should work. It says port open and then connected, but faintly flashes “not responding” in the lower left corner where the usb indicator says connected.

I was going to try the pcmaster software but it has several depending on your model.

Back