diy solar

diy solar

Daly 300a smart bms

Sharky722

I've been bench testing the 300a smart bms with fan over the last week or so.
Been happy with the performance so far including the cold temp cut off.
I don't have any issues with waking the bt up or setting different parameters from the app, everything works.
I did noticed a discrepancy with the coulomb counting.
It dosen't appear to be able to read low currents <3.5a.
I haven't plugged in uart yet but was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and more importantly is there a possible callibration. I'm hoping there might be something within the settings when I plug it into the laptop on the sw.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I cannot help on the low current issue (sounds bad ;-))
Which voltage version do you have?
ps: ...and 3.5A is not a low current ;-).

Thanks for the info. I cannot help on the low current issue (sounds bad ;-))
Which voltage version do you have?
ps: ...and 3.5A is not a low current ;-).
Its the 12v 4s version.
It's going to be issue when running a small fridge etc in a camper.

I was just seeing the BMS as a tool to protect the battery of over and unter voltage and current, protect against minimum and maximum temperature, monitor cells.
"Normally" you would hook up another battery monitor next to the BMS from which your get the "real" status of the battery.
But indeed; if the BMS is calculating the energy going in and out one would expect at least is can see 3A. That is in your case > 60Watt.

Walter

Been happy with the performance so far including the cold temp cut off.
Question for you. Do the newer BMS units have a external temp probe or is the temp detection internal to the unit. Given the heat of the BMS especially at higher current A temp sensor internal would not provide cell temps.

Question for you. Do the newer BMS units have a external temp probe or is the temp detection internal to the unit. Given the heat of the BMS especially at higher current A temp sensor internal would not provide cell temps.
Yes this one has external temp wire. Works very well also on my testing.

Cool. Thank you. Can you tell me the model number of the unit you are testing?
I don't recall seeing a model number on the unit anywhere or in the software. This is the link
AU $4.39 16%OFF | 18650 smart LiFePO4 4S BMS 12V 300A 400A 500A Bluetooth 485 to USB device NTC UART togther Lion LiFePO4 LTO Batteries With Fan

Back