diy solar

diy solar

Daly 4S 100A BMS UART Connection Problem

dado

Hi,
trying to connect the 100A Daly BMS (4S battery) to my Windows PC.
The BMS came with the Bluetooth module (with button) and works perfectly.
Now I want to connect to my PC to modify additional settings that are not available with the mobile app.
I ordered the UART-USB cable, which has a 6 pin connector (3 wires) and is plugged into the same port on the BMS as the Bluetooth module.
I installed the UART driver and the Sinowealth BMS tool on my PC.
When I open the BMS tool, the port connection is working, but I do not get any reading when scanning the parameters.
A message flickers in the status field, which reads something like "...not responding". It is displayed too short to read completely.
Btw, disconnecting the UART plug from the BMS does not change the behaviour. So apparently there is no communication happening at all.
To ensure that the BMS is activated, I plugged in the Bluetooth module again and pressed its button and verified that I can connect via app. Then I tested the UART connection again, but no change.

Any idea what could be wrong here?
Thanks

Thanks for the response. As far as I understand it from the Daly page, the 4s BMS still requires the Sinowealth software. I tried the BMS Monitor 1.2.8 as well, but it also cannot read any data from the BMS.

I have two BMS from HEYO (DALY clone) 4S 250 Ah. New device is similar your, and working with BMS monitor. Old one working with Sinowealth. USB-UART with homemade cable. Connector UART is 3-pin and located from another side of device.

Hmm, my UART connector is 6 pin, and cannot be connected anywhere except to the same port as the Bluetooth cable. This port is also labeled UART, so I trust this is correct. The port seems to work, otherwise it would not transmit through Bluetooth.

I have the same problem as you with a DALY 4s 12v 100A. No connection to Sinowealth or PC Monitor software. I am using the RS485 interface. Could you solve your problem?

Unfortunately not. I gave up for the moment. Additional info: originally I ordered the RS485 cable, but the chinese vendor told me that RS485 is not supported on my BMS. So I ordered the UART cable instead (same socket as bluetooth). But as stated above the communication is not working.

I had the same issue and was able to get the BMS communicating by connecting Bluetooth first and resetting (not restoring) the BMS. After resetting I disconnected the Bluetooth and connected the USB>UART cable and it started communicating with 9600 baud rate. I wasn't able to make it work with any other comm spec. Hope that helps somebody.

Thanks for the update UltraRunnerTX. I will test this as soon as possible.

I had the same issue and was able to get the BMS communicating by connecting Bluetooth first and resetting (not restoring) the BMS. After resetting I disconnected the Bluetooth and connected the USB>UART cable and it started communicating with 9600 baud rate. I wasn't able to make it work with any other comm spec. Hope that helps somebody.
You made my day ... worked for me ...

Still not able to connect my BMS via Sinowealth, I'm sure the cable connection is good cause it works with PcMaster but I can't change the parameter I'm interested in PcMaster hence I need to connect it to Sinowealth. I tried everything, installed Sinowealth BMS Tool Setup V0.2 changed the USB drivers. Nothing worked
My BMS is a R05 - 200A bms.

Anyone can help? I hate the fact I can't change the DfitterCur value.

Back