diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS 16S balance leads connectors.

Darren Orange

Hey I'm not sure how to find this part but I am trying to get the BMS board side connector for the Daly BMS 16S.

So what I am trying to do is setup a easy way to connect my active balance from time to time to my batteries. Right now it is a huge pain and I want to be able to get the plug that is on the BMS side. I want this raw port highlighted here. Any help would be awesome.

1649360187964.png

Its very possible someone on this forum will recognize that brand and type of header. In the meantime, if you can determine the pitch (ctr to ctr spacing of the pins) of the device you can narrow your search by pitch and number of rows. DigiKey, Mouser, Etc are good resources.

No idea, but you could probably order a spare harness from DALY.

There is no down side to having a separate harness for occasional use permanently installed, i.e., fabricate something that works for you and use it when needed leaving the DALY harness intact.

Lastly, if that's a smart BMS simply configure to balance only when:
charging
cells are 3.40V or higher
cells are > 20mV difference.

If your cells are healthy, this should maintain a top balance.

No idea, but you could probably order a spare harness from DALY.

There is no down side to having a separate harness for occasional use permanently installed, i.e., fabricate something that works for you and use it when needed leaving the DALY harness intact.

Lastly, if that's a smart BMS simply configure to balance only when:
charging
cells are 3.40V or higher
cells are > 20mV difference.

If your cells are healthy, this should maintain a top balance.
It keeps an okay balance but I'm trying to fully top balance which that kind of connector would help hugely vs having to do a weird kind of solution. The balance current of the Daly is not very effective and it is rare for me to full charge the battery.

Hi Darren,The current equalization mode of our daly is still passive equalization mode, so the efficiency of equalization is not very efficient when the voltage is high, but we will launch the active equalization function at the end of June, hoping to help you
Like this will be added to the app? So you can tell it to turn on and stay on even when not charging?

Last edited:
Back