diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS 16s showing opposite current

maharzan

I just received my 400A bluetooth 16SDaly BMS and had been testing for 2 days now. First, I wasnt able to activate it as I was using it for my solar setup. So, i got a power supply and charged as suggested by Daly support and it turned on. While everthing seems good, I noticed the current was showing negative while charging and positive while discharging which is not normal behaviour and I have been in touch with their support and have tried everything they have suggested but still not working. Now, they want to play the blame game. I found few others have similar issues and they fixed it with some software which only seems to support 10S cells.

The B- is conencted to battery negative an P- is connected to my growatt negative (charge/load) which is what they are suggesting too. I am suspecting ther is some hardware issue or the connection needs to be opposite but I dont want to burn anything.

has anyone here had similar issues? what could be the reason and have you found a solution?

All other functions seems fine. Although current os negative, it charges to full and shows SOC increasing and whole current is positive at night discharging, the soc decreases. I can probably live with it as i just need voltage and hope cutoff works at low/high voltages. but if there is a fix, would love to check that out.

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_100429.jpg
    IMG_20211122_100429.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211121-070406.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-070406.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20211122_085329.jpg
    IMG_20211122_085329.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 20
Oh because its just a test. This was supposed to be for my small EV which requires upto 300A. I have tried with both and its the same result. I did find someone here on the forum saying the units sold before august have this issue on more than 120A versions so I believe its factory defect or something.

I just received my 400A bluetooth 16SDaly BMS and had been testing for 2 days now. First, I wasnt able to activate it as I was using it for my solar setup. So, i got a power supply and charged as suggested by Daly support and it turned on. While everthing seems good, I noticed the current was showing negative while charging and positive while discharging which is not normal behaviour

It should be a negative sign in front of the amps charging and just read amps discharging. Your BMS is working correctly.

Other bms i have have - sign when discharging. even other daly bms have the same thing. Only this has -ve while charging.

My Daly has always displayed charging with the - sign. It works perfectly fine.
Yes, other aspects seems to be working correctly except for that polarity. The Daly support says -ve should be discharging so there is a conflict there already. I can ignore the sign as long as its working properly. I still need to test. Yesterday, it stopped charging after a cell reached certain voltage but didn't restart charge after discharging so I wonder if that will work in future.

Back