diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS 200A or 250A (Where to purchase?)

RobOfYork

I have 4 EVE 280Ah LiFePo4 cells I am making a 12v battery out of. I believe I want to put a Daly 200A or 250A BMS on it. I'm more than confused.

The reason I have selected a 200A or 250A is because I my plans are to use a 2000W inverter for short periods of time.

I notice they have several models of each. Not sure what one to get. Superior BMS or Smart BMS??

Also have no idea on where a safe place to purchase it from is.

Any help will be appreciated and cause me to stop pulling my hair out.

Last edited:
Never mind. I had to get one ordered to meet my deadline. I just went on Aliexpress and picked a seller that looked good and ordered. Of course I would have preferred to use a seller that was recommended but ran out of time.

the dalystore is on aliexpress, that said, hopefully you have better luck than I have had so far with my daly experience(and I purchased 8 of them all together: 24v, 12v, some smart, some not). I purchased a smart unit for my larger battery pack so I could get some insight into what it was doing, which is "strange".
I think my new view of Daly is, they are the units to get if you are looking to get the cheapest product possible that does "something" vs the usual cheap aliexpress product that probably does nothing at all.

the dalystore is on aliexpress, that said, hopefully you have better luck than I have had so far with my daly experience(and I purchased 8 of them all together: 24v, 12v, some smart, some not). I purchased a smart unit for my larger battery pack so I could get some insight into what it was doing, which is "strange".
I think my new view of Daly is, they are the units to get if you are looking to get the cheapest product possible that does "something" vs the usual cheap aliexpress product that probably does nothing at all.
I have seen some complaints about Daly, (in fact I have seen complaints about every BMS) but everyone I personally know that have used them have had very good results with them. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I do to.

I have seen some complaints about Daly, (in fact I have seen complaints about every BMS) but everyone I personally know that have used them have had very good results with them. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I do to.
Hey Rob, curious to hear how that Daly has worked for you. I'm about to order one myself.

My impression is, similar to what Diysolar123 said, they're the best of the worst out there. If you need something around ~200A though, they seem to be pretty much the only option.

Hey Rob, curious to hear how that Daly has worked for you. I'm about to order one myself.

My impression is, similar to what Diysolar123 said, they're the best of the worst out there. If you need something around ~200A though, they seem to be pretty much the only option.
Don't know yet. Still waiting for it to be delivered. Hoping it gets here in the next week or so.

I see DHL as an option for another $150 you get it in 2 weeks. Are you saying their standard shipping is a 2 week DHL at no extra cost?
I don't know if it was standard, the order process from Daly is unusual. After I supplied the specs of what I wanted, they gave me a quote for them that included DHL. I only ordered 2, and after I received them I noticed they changed the link on Alibaba to state minimum order quantity five. This was November of 2020.

For future reference, Daly ships via DHL and is usually 2 weeks.
It's way past 2 weeks. The delivery date was suppose to be the 21st. All I can get out of DALY is..... wait my friend, it is on it's way. They sound like a broken record.

It's way past 2 weeks. The delivery date was suppose to be the 21st. All I can get out of DALY is..... wait my friend, it is on it's way. They sound like a broken record.
What does tracking say? Did they ship via DHL?

Says shipped by Aliexpress premium shipping. Last update was 4/4/2021 and says

Delivering - Shipment accepted by airline

Ordered through DALY Official Store
Aliexpress premium shipping is not DHL, but that said, I used their Alibaba store, and the premium Aliexpress usually is 3 or 4 weeks.

Aliexpress premium shipping is not DHL, but that said, I used their Alibaba store, and the premium Aliexpress usually is 3 or 4 weeks.
I paid extra for the faster shipping that said it would be here between the 15th and 21st. That sure did not work out and can't seem to get any response from them except to wait it's on the way.

Thinking I may need to escalate it to a refund claim with aliexpress to get their attention and a possible real answer.

I paid extra for the faster shipping that said it would be here between the 15th and 21st. That sure did not work out and can't seem to get any response from them except to wait it's on the way.

Thinking I may need to escalate it to a refund claim with aliexpress to get their attention and a possible real answer.
All I can say is that sucks.
I did notice the Alibaba selection I bought from changed to minimum order of 5 after I ordered 2. DHL shipping is not cheap, but if you are willing to pay extra for it, one would think it shouldn't be a problem.

any news from your BMS , would like to hear you review of it.. planning to buy one soon

any news from your BMS , would like to hear you review of it.. planning to buy one soon
I have finally received it after finally having to threaten to go to my bank. It suddenly was delivered a few days later by DHL with a shipping date the same as the date I told them I was going to my bank. The one they sent by slow boat over 3 months ago that they kept telling me to be patient with never came.

I'm waiting on some bus bars to finish the battery build. So have not tried the BMS out yet.

Back