diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS app crash with bluetooth

Creatura_n

hello.
I got a daly bms 16s 200a 48v.
i was using smart bms android app to connect with bluetooth dongle also the usb cable to connect to the pc.

After i removed the battery to change the busbars for positiv and negativ, the bms didnt want to connect using usb cable anymore, so i used the bluetooth instead.
After i chosed to use home assistant to connect to the bms seems that i cannot connect now not even with bluetooth.

I can find the bms bluetooth in the smart bms app, but when i click on to connect, the app crash.
The bluetooth dongle works, cuz i got 2 bms and tested it on the other bms.

What could be the problem? I cant use my bms now

There is no way to fix this. It’s called “bricked”.

So yes you’ll need a new one.

All bms’s are sensitive on the balance leads. Always unplug when working on busbars. And always check the voltages on the plug before inserting into the bms. Better safe than sorry ?.

Ok :( thanks for the info

Have you tried disconnecting the balance leads, removing the Bluetooth dongle and the temperature sensor it that is removable. Then reconnect it all back up as per the instructions. I thought I had destroyed one of mine at one stage but going through the the disconnection and reconnection process resolved what I thought was a major issue.

If I remember correctly I also disconnected the BMS altogether.

Last edited:
No luck. Removed the negative from battery, then the balance wire, then the temp. probe.
Reconect them in this order.
Connect the Temp probe
Connect the balance wire
Connect the negative to battery.
No luck. the bms doesnt want to comunicate to Bluetooth dongle either usb uart.
I can find the BMS on the Smart BMS app but when i click on it the app crash.

No luck. Removed the negative from battery, then the balance wire, then the temp. probe.
Connect the Temp probe
Connect the balance wire
Sry to hear that it hasn’t worked out for you.

Connect the Temp probe
Connect the balance wire
Balance wire, first thing to disconnect, last thing to connect (after testing voltage on the pins).
You didn't get it right this time either.

I forgot to mention that i do have 2 daly bms in parallel one bank of 100a lithium cells 14s with 120a daly bms 14s and a bank with 320A lifepo4 16s 200A .
It that might be a reason that he briked.?
I dont think that would affect, cuz the uart didnt worked after i changed the busbars

Back