diy solar

diy solar

Daly Bms bluetooth software glitch

Berseker

So i have a daly 250amps 48v bms. Used for 16 x 280ah rept cells. Everything worked ok until recently i attempted connecting via bluetooth and the display was stuck. I learnt unplugging the bms could reset the software, and i unplugged and replugged the bt dongle..everything worked ok, till after some hours again, same software glitch.

Am tired of unplugging and replugging. Is there another way of resolving this issue?
Attached is a screenshot of the glitch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-152521.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-152521.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27
2 things you can try
1- Uninstall the app and reinstall.
2. Go into the parameter settings and do a factory reset on the bms.. this will reset everything back to factory default.

Also make sure all your bms leads are good the 26.4v reading could be caused by a bad crimped connection. I always solder those little wires to make sure they are good.

2 things you can try
1- Uninstall the app and reinstall.
2. Go into the parameter settings and do a factory reset on the bms.. this will reset everything back to factory default.
Yeah, factory reset is my last resort, dont wanna pull out the big guns yet.

I have another 24v battery pack with 8s daly bms. Same software /phone works ok on it.

Also make sure all your bms leads are good the 26.4v reading could be caused by a bad crimped connection. I always solder those little wires to make sure they are good.
Will check the bms leads, thanks.

Edit. Saw 1 bms lead loose.pulling out from the crimp. Is there a procedure for fixing it?.
Or i simply remove and crimp back. Or do i have to unplug the whole bms leads dongle. Shut the inverter down b4 attempting this?

Last edited:
Yeah, factory reset is my last resort, dont wanna pull out the big guns yet.

I have another 24v battery pack with 8s daly bms. Same software /phone works ok on it.

Will check the bms leads, thanks.

Edit. Saw 1 bms lead loose.pulling out from the crimp. Is there a procedure for fixing it?.
Or i simply remove and crimp back. Or do i have to unplug the whole bms leads dongle. Shut the inverter down b4 attempting this?

To be safe I would shut it down and unplug bms wires. Fix the connection and see if Bluetooth works.

It is very likely that the internal AFE acquisition chip is damaged, resulting in inaccurate data acquisition.
wow, wonder what would have caused the damage?. any risk in continuing using it?. it still works ok now, charge and discharge

This is a possibility. If the collected data is inaccurate, if the situation is good, the welding of the acquisition cable may be wrong. If the situation is bad, it is very likely that the afe acquisition chip is damaged as I said. If something goes wrong, you can send me a message and I will try to solve it for you. If it is risky, there will not be any major problems, it will not affect charging and discharging, but if the afe chip is damaged, you are likely to have app crash, display page battery data is inaccurate, app page has no data.
app displays no useful data, till i unplug the bluetooth dongle and replug...then app works ok& displays data, for some hours or days, before it crashes again. and Bluetooth is unplugged and replugged ---the cycle repeats

I have a daly 150 8 string that won't switch on .I've tried shorting the b+ and b- sometimes it gives a little spark works a few seconds then goes off .these are not cheap .just more crap .

I have a daly 150 8 string that won't switch on .I've tried shorting the b+ and b- sometimes it gives a little spark works a few seconds then goes off .these are not cheap .just more crap .

One of the sense wires is either has a bad connection or is in the wrong spot. It's easy to do.

same problem here. did you find any solutions to this? app is crashing and unplugging and plugging everything again seems to work 1 in 20 tries...

Update: It seems that the issue was a combination of having two different BMS's on the same terrible updated app (v.2.4.3). I've downgraded to v.2.0, reset everything by unplugging the balance cables, connecting to PC through USB to wake the BMS up, etc. and all is great!

Last edited:
Back