diy solar

diy solar

DALY BMS blutooth not connected - FIXED

hondaman82

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well,
I have a DALY 4s 12V 100A smart BMS with bluetooth module connected, in the first 2-3 months the it connect to my phone OK for status monitor and parameter change if needed, but now both of my phone iOS and Android can not connect to it anymore, it is just blank on the "Smart BMS" app, I tried to reset the BMS and even buy a new Bluetooth module and wait 1 month, Still nothing show when I connect the new one. Is there any thing I can do on the BMS to wake up the bluetooth ? now i dont know what is my SOC or any voltage status from my 4 Basen cells.
thank you

Edit: Thanks to Sharky and MisterSandal, I am able to fix the issue although it require minor rewire change... pls check out the clip below:

Last edited:
Are there any signs of life in the BMS which of course is necessary for the bluetooth? LEDs? Voltage thru BMS ok?

Uninstall and reinstall the apps?

Can you measure the battery and/or cell voltages?

These charts are fairly well regarded:
LFP Voltage Chart.jpg

thanks Mister, the module is just a piece of plastic with no led built in, the battery and bms seem to be working fine as im using at the moment to run TV and fan,

Do you have a 4 wire jst plug into the bms for bt?
Check for power on the green wire pin on the bms should be 3.3v.
Mine failed and had to supply power from cell1 via a jumper lead to get bt to work.

Attachments

• 20210821_101145.jpg
    20210821_101145.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 91
Do you have a 4 wire jst plug into the bms for bt?
Check for power on the green wire pin on the bms should be 3.3v.
Mine failed and had to supply power from cell1 via a jumper lead to get bt to work.
Wow , thank you very much, the exact issue happen to my BMS, I also use a small wire run from the Cell 1+ terminal to the green wire. It is alive..im stoke... thanks again

Last edited:
Wow , thank you very much, the exact issue happen to my BMS, I also use a small wire run from the Cell 1+ terminal to the green wire. It is alive..im stoke... thanks again
Could I ask if you have any errors also in the parameters.
When my bt power failed I also had an mosfet temp sensor failed at the same time it was reading 110 deg.

hmm I just check, no unusual error parameter in the app. Is your battery LiFEPO4, do you mind share your solar and utility charging parameter? for some reason even when my battery SOC is 50% it get charge very slow rate, no clue what did i do wrong

hmm I just check, no unusual error parameter in the app. Is your battery LiFEPO4, do you mind share your solar and utility charging parameter? for some reason even when my battery SOC is 50% it get charge very slow rate, no clue what did i do wrong
I've also adjusted the voltage settings as per the above graph and seems to be accurate now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220308-100308_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-100308_SMART BMS.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20220308-100330_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-100330_SMART BMS.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220308-100343_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-100343_SMART BMS.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220308-100354_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-100354_SMART BMS.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi all, similar issue only when i first connected via bt worked fine but now after a week or so when i go back to the battery and open the app nothing shows if i press the button on the dongle all works fine again until i shut the app down and return again a day or two later and have to go through the same process , any ideas anyone thanks

button on the dongle
I recall there being a sleep value you can enter in the settings to keep it from sleeping. It wasn’t an obvious number.

I recall there being a sleep value you can enter in the settings to keep it from sleeping. It wasn’t an obvious number.

Just for future info:
The value to enter to prevent the dongle from sleeping is: 65535
Enter into: Parameter Settings -> Cell Characteristics -> Sleep Waiting Time -> [65535]

I came here with the same issue with my Daly R05A-Fj15 bms. The green power lead for the bt dongle appears to be only outputting 1.4 v. I will update after I attempt a fix. This item is not currently in my workshop. Thanks for the pointers:)

Back