diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS Cycle count, how to configure?

Pim57

I have the smart Daly 4S 12V 100A bms. And i'm wondering if any of you has any experience with configuring the cycle count in the PC Sinowealth tool?

I would guess the following???:
1. Design Capacity - is how i bought them as advertised with 100 Ah
2. Full Charge Capacity - is where i set my End Of Charge Voltage (ie. 3350 mV is 90%, so set this at 90.000)
3. Cycle Threshold - is when to increment the Cycle Count (ie. End Of Discharge Voltage is 3200 mV, so set this at 70.000 20-90%)
4. Cycle Count - increments every time i hit End Of Discharge

Daly_Cycle.jpg

Last edited:
I have the smart Daly 4S 12V 100A bms. And i'm wondering if any of you has any experience with configuring the cycle count in the PC Sinowealth tool?

I would guess the following???:
1. Design Capacity - is how i bought them as advertised with 100 Ah
2. Full Charge Capacity - is where i set my End Of Charge Voltage (ie. 3350 mV is 90%, so set this at 90.000)
3. Cycle Threshold - is when to increment the Cycle Count (ie. End Of Discharge Voltage is 3200 mV, so set this at 70.000 20-90%)
4. Cycle Count - increments every time i hit End Of Discharge

View attachment 43509
I don't have an answer, but would be interested if you find one.

Hey guys, I am also wondering how this works. My customer are upset that the cycle count is worse than a weather forecast for 5 days :-(.

Mine has also been at 0 for a year now.
I think it is bug in sw.
But I found this on Internet - Each time you remove and replace a total of 80% of the batteries stored energy, 1 cycle is added to the count.
Maybe this is an answer ?

Mine has also been at 0 for a year now.
I think it is bug in sw.
But I found this on Internet - Each time you remove and replace a total of 80% of the batteries stored energy, 1 cycle is added to the count.
Maybe this is an answer ?
No, that isn't the answer.
Personally, I bought a JBD BMS and the Daly (3 of them) are sitting in boxes in the garage.
Good luck finding an answer. As near as I can tell with mine, the cell chemistry is not set to LiFePO4, so the cycle count won't increase until a cell hits 4.0v. Since I'm not charging to that, it never changes and remains at zero. Daly is no help.

After a week of correspondence with Daly support, this is the official response:

The engineer told us that the BMS you purchased was a long time ago, and there is no cycle count.
We will only open this function in August 2021, please use it with confidence, thank you!

To my question what is the exact version of the new model to know - I did not get an answer.

even the newer ones are screwy, they do not count for shit. I simply call one day a cycle and ignore the daly in this regards. what makes a cycle for LifePo4 is the real question? nobody has an actual answer. the makers of the cells have exact requirements according to their research, but their method of measuring is not even remotely in line for 90% of us. I hit 60% of SOC and I shit my pants as that means two ro three days of no (zero) solar and it only happens occasionally. maybe 5 or 6 times a year due to very heavy overcast or snow coverage of panels. as such the BMS makers choose an arbitrary point and run with it. I average about 1 cycle for every two or three weeks of use. sometimes more, sometimes less. granted I am not using the sinowealth PC software, only the bluetooth version. so the tweakability os less.

After a week of correspondence with Daly support, this is the official response:

The engineer told us that the BMS you purchased was a long time ago, and there is no cycle count.
We will only open this function in August 2021, please use it with confidence, thank you!

To my question what is the exact version of the new model to know - I did not get an answer.
The new model that supports cycle count is "JBD".

Our Daly 200a Smart BMS with a build date of Mar 2021, would always show zero cycles via the Smart BMS iOS bluetooth app. However, using Sinowealth, it did show an accurate count (showed 29 cycles before we quit using it).

Ironically, we upgraded to a JBD to try and get past some of the Daly's issues. Wouldn't you know, our JBD 200a BMS's cycle count, with a build date of Dec 2021, never increments---stays at zero (using the Xiaoxiang iOS bluetooth upgraded app). We've cycled the cells from low-voltage cut-off to high-voltage cut-off several times---no-go.

Last edited:
Our Daly 200a Smart BMS with a build date of Mar 2021, would always show zero cycles via the Smart BMS iOS bluetooth app. However, using Sinowealth, it did show an accurate count (showed 29 cycles before we quit using it).

Ironically, we upgraded to a JBD to try and get past some of the Daly's issues. Wouldn't you know, our JBD 200a BMS's cycle count, with a build date of Dec 2021, never increments---stays at zero (using the Xiaoxiang iOS bluetooth upgraded app). We've cycled the cells from low-voltage cut-off to high-voltage cut-off several times---no-go.
You may wish to try a cheap android phone. Their iOS support leaves a lot to be desired. You can pick one up for around $100.

Back